all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Beginner advice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
On the few times I've micro-loaded KBs, I've used these:

Same idea, basically, although not in KG, but LBs.

(which annoyed me, because all my comp bells are in KG)
Haha, funny how they say not to use them with kettlebells. Did they hold onto the bell when doing ballistics? Or did you only use them for grinds?

Haha, funny how they say not to use them with kettlebells. Did they hold onto the bell when doing ballistics? Or did you only use them for grinds?

They were fine for ballistics.

On the bottom of a comp bell, they stick firm enough that they're actually a little difficult to remove.

Maybe if you stuck them to the side it wouldn't work as well.

They were fine for ballistics.

On the bottom of a comp bell, they stick firm enough that they're actually a little difficult to remove.

Maybe if you stuck them to the side it wouldn't work as well.
Would have been nice if they had 5lbs ones too. Get something close to 1kg and 2kg.

Rogue also has these.

I've never used them, but they're designed to go around KB handles:

rogue-kb-changeplates-web8.jpg

@q.Hung: greatly appreciated, will indeed focus on 'easier' versions of the big 3, what do you think of a (barbell) hack squat instead of safety bar squat?
@Anna C: great, thanks, I guess the SFG will be the first one, at least, if my planning is realistic, will hear it soon enough from
people who are more experienced than me :).
@watchnerd: thanks for the tip, very handy those +2kg intervals, but quite expensive, almost the double of the Rogue powdercoated ones. Guess Kings is top quality? Any tips on the decision to go for competition or normal ones (right now I have 6-8-12-16-20-24 kg, powdercoated).
@Benjamin Renaud: ok thanks for the channel tip! As you guys & girls advised, I'll first dive into S&S (or integrate this one in my global strength program, where possible) and will leave RoP for later on.
@GaryT & others : good tips, really thanks for all the help. This is great.

Keep strong ;)!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom