all posts post new thread

Bodyweight BW A+A

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jonga.bd

Level 2 Valued Member
Hey guys! I'm new on the forum but follow SF since the beginning..
Quick question if you guys don't mind:

Just finished a great cycle of A+A with KB and would like to keep the system with BW exercises for a change. I've read the article Strength Aerobics and loved it but was thinking about going a little creative...
You guys have any ideas? Other than neural drive pullups McGill style, I wonder if Yang planks 10-15s would work...
I appreciate any opinions/suggestions...

I'm no A+A expert by any means but I think the idea is to use something explosive for short bursts with aerobic recovery in between. Seems like burpees are an obvious BW exercise for this. See Pavel's discussion of explosive burpees done A+A style in this article: How to Train Against a Virus | StrongFirst
I have some fear on high volume/high frequency jumping, but I would like to try, just like the jump squat recomendation on S&S. The thing is that I tend to overdo things so I've learned to choose carefully my exercises.

Do any of you guys have experience with submax jumps for higher volume/frequency?

Are you a subscriber of the StrongFirst newsletter @Jonga.bd ? The newest edition includes a StrongEndurance protocol with bodyweight squats.
Just read it! I've done that workout before I got my 24k bell! I will save that article as a reminder to the technique tips!! Tks!

+1 for burpees, with power pushup and max-height jump. My experience has been that 2 per repeat is plenty, but I'm a heavy guy.
So no problem on high volume jumps? I'm a high frequency trainer... yeah I know I'm supposed to recover, but training is as much mental flossing as physical for me...

So no problem on high volume jumps? I'm a high frequency trainer... yeah I know I'm supposed to recover, but training is as much mental flossing as physical for me...
Go for it and see if you recover well, only one way to find out.

Hardstyle burpees for sure! Check out on of the recent articles for more info!

Also hill sprints. Hills don’t lie!!

While not an explosive movement, I've done sets of 5 pull ups on the minute for 10-15 minutes in an A&A format. I got me past a knee issue a few years ago and helped maintain grip and back strength for the two weeks I could swing or do deadlifts.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom