all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Cap Kettlebells on sale from Walmart.com

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
It sits on my wrist when my wrist is straight. By allowing the hand to bend back, I can rest it more comfortably further down, but Pavel said don't do that.

I just measured it at 6.4cm on a 32kg. (Not sure my measurement technique was completely accurate but it's close to that.)
I just measured my 32 andand he clearance is 6.5 cm like yours. I measured from the sphere to the inside of the handle like the below pic.

You might already know this if you are working with a 32, but anyway: are you grabbing the handle diagonally in your hand? If not, and the handle is parallel to the line of the calluses, that makes the kettlebell sit higher on your forearm

20180924_153207.jpg 20180924_153207.jpg

You might already know this

LOL, I don't know anything. I haven't even touched a kettlebell since a month ago.

The way I figure it has to be one of four things:

1. The kettlebell is the problem
2. The way I'm holding it is the problem
3. The way my arm is shaped is the problem(???)
4. It's not even supposed to be any better, that's just what it's like(!!!)

but anyway: are you grabbing the handle diagonally in your hand? If not, and the handle is parallel to the line of the calluses, that makes the kettlebell sit higher on your forearm

I've tried various different grips. I can't figure out anything that really feels OK.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by diagonally but I'll be giving this some more experimentation later.

LOL, I don't know anything. I haven't even touched a kettlebell since a month ago.

The way I figure it has to be one of four things:

1. The kettlebell is the problem
2. The way I'm holding it is the problem
3. The way my arm is shaped is the problem(???)
4. It's not even supposed to be any better, that's just what it's like(!!!)

I've tried various different grips. I can't figure out anything that really feels OK.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by diagonally but I'll be giving this some more experimentation later.

Sorry, I thought I uploaded this photo in my previous post. This is what I mean:
20180924_153504.jpg

I think that the kettlebell is fine, if it has 6.4 cm of clearance. So it should be between 2 and 4 of your proposals. There is always some degree of pressure, if you are not used to it it can be annoying. And if you are not holding it right, it gets worse. Can you work comfortably with the 24?

Last edited:
Got a pair of 12s for cheap. Thought an in store pick up at a close by store would save on shipping. They shipped to my door for free. Nice. One base is a bit wobbly, but they’re nice for learning dbl moves, loaded carries, or introducing others.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom