all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Cardio&weights

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Kind of similar yes. But the airbike can be abused in ways the crosstrainer can not - it can abuse you in seconds.
If you're referring to the seat, yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to. A bit counterintuitive, but I discovered that tilting it back tends to keep me from sliding forward into the, uh, torture tip.

If you're referring to the seat, yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to. A bit counterintuitive, but I discovered that tilting it back tends to keep me from sliding forward into the, uh, torture tip.
I was referring to the pure intensity and overall muscle work you can put in. It is hard or next to impossible to find a tool that drains you as much as an airbike on a say per 10 seconds ratio going all out...sprinting might be second.

I was referring to the pure intensity and overall muscle work you can put in. It is hard or next to impossible to find a tool that drains you as much as an airbike on a say per 10 seconds ratio going all out...sprinting might be second.
Agree 100%. I rarely do HIIT sessions. I prefer to stay in Z2 for the majority of my aerobic work, either on the air bike, bike trainer, row erg, or brisk walking. Riding outdoors, either mountain or road/gravel, it's tough to maintain Z2 so I just roll with whatever the terrain offers. That tends to be my Z5 training.

Amen. Assault bike is a smasher. Ski ERG, too

Back
Top Bottom