all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Combining AXE with KBSF LCCJ

Luwuwu

Level 5 Valued Member
I have been doing AXE snatches and single long cycle for quite some time and feeling great. The plan basically is 2 AXE sessions and 1 KBSF session for week 1 and vice versa for week 2 and repeat. I have currently reached the goal of plan A - 3 CJs every 30 seconds for 30 minutes. According to the KBSF manual, I should now switch to plan B, and train my cleans and jerks seperately.

This brings trouble to my programming. In weeks with 2 KBSF sessions I suppose I should train according to the manual. Yet what should I do in weeks with 1 KBSF session?

All advice or instructions are welcomed. Thank you very much!

I have been doing AXE snatches and single long cycle for quite some time and feeling great. The plan basically is 2 AXE sessions and 1 KBSF session for week 1 and vice versa for week 2 and repeat. I have currently reached the goal of plan A - 3 CJs every 30 seconds for 30 minutes. According to the KBSF manual, I should now switch to plan B, and train my cleans and jerks seperately.

This brings trouble to my programming. In weeks with 2 KBSF sessions I suppose I should train according to the manual. Yet what should I do in weeks with 1 KBSF session?

All advice or instructions are welcomed. Thank you very much!
A couple of ideas:
1) Do both Cleans and Jerks in the Snatch week but lower the volume to 50-60% for each (in one session or two).
2) Snatch week could be considered LCCJ-maintenance week anyway, so you could just maintain your current LCCJ session for awhile in those weeks.
3) Focus on Plan B for 4-6 weeks, with only 1 Snatch session as maintenance, and then switch back to Plan A and your current setup.
4) Just move up in weight and keep your setup.

I'd do the Jerks only. One clean is still necessary for the jerks so won't detrain.
The other option is stick with ABA and BAB, i.e.
Week 1; Snatch, Clean, Snatch
Week 2: Jerk, Snatch, Clean
Week 3: Snatch, Jerk, Snatch
Week 4: Clean, Snatch, Jerk

A couple of ideas:
1) Do both Cleans and Jerks in the Snatch week but lower the volume to 50-60% for each (in one session or two).
2) Snatch week could be considered LCCJ-maintenance week anyway, so you could just maintain your current LCCJ session for awhile in those weeks.
3) Focus on Plan B for 4-6 weeks, with only 1 Snatch session as maintenance, and then switch back to Plan A and your current setup.
4) Just move up in weight and keep your setup.
These are wonderful ideas! Much appreciated!

I'd do the Jerks only. One clean is still necessary for the jerks so won't detrain.
The other option is stick with ABA and BAB, i.e.
Week 1; Snatch, Clean, Snatch
Week 2: Jerk, Snatch, Clean
Week 3: Snatch, Jerk, Snatch
Week 4: Clean, Snatch, Jerk
Thank you! Helps a lot!

Back
Top Bottom