all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Complexes for low volume high frequency?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Henke

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello everybody!
Can one use complexes every day or is it too taxing?
For exemple:
2x (3-5x Front squats + 3-5x Military presses + 3-5x Deadlifts) with a couple of minutes between the two sets and waving of the load from session to session.

I like the "low-volume-high-frequency-training" and want strength and some GPP (not muscles).

Thank you for any advice!
/Henke

Barbell? Kettlebell? Percentage of 1RM?

There are several of these kinds of things in the blog here - perhaps someone can post links directly to some of them. Try a search on Total Tension Complex. But to address your specific idea based on what you said:

I would press before I'd squat.

I'd not include deadlifts in a complex unless they were light, and I still wouldn't because I don't see the point of light deadlifts in general - there are other exercises better suited to this kind of thing.

-S-

Another question: your current strength levels and how strong do you want to get??

Thank you Freides!

Limbaga:
I currently do a block periodization program with kettlebells aiming to train daily:
*2 weeks S&S (2-3xTGU, 4-6x10 OaSw)
*2 weeks complexes with the slow moves above.

Strength level:
*S&S - 32kg for the heavy days.
*Complexes 2x24kg for the heavy days (single bell, buttoms up and corrections on medium and light days). *1RM C&P 32kg.

My goals:
*S&S 48kg
*Single C&P 48kg

I would - of course - reach my goals faster on a full volume S&S or the Rite of Passage, but I like low volume better for now.

Do you "need" to do complexes?
I think the Easy Strength mix of 2 weeks S&S / 2 weeks PTTP (in your case with deadlifts and KB press) would suit your goals very well.

Kettlebelephant:
No, you are absolutly right.
However, I don't have a barbell for heavier DLs - hence the complex-experiment :)

You could check out another blog article "strength aerobics". On a recent thread a bodyweight programme was discussed with the programming laid out within that article. It's a clean, press, squat......worth taking a peek to see if it suits?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom