all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Core imbalance

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dwampler1

Level 4 Valued Member
Hey, so I'm looking for some help on an imbalance in my midsection that I just can't seem to figure out.

For some background: I used to spend hours a day hitting a punching bag. The majority of it was training power into a right cross/hook. As a result my left hip flexor is stronger and so are the rest of the left muscles. All except the serratus muscles. My hips sit even but my upper body is pulled more to the left. Measuring from belly button to the left is about 2-3 inches less than belly button to the right. My right side hip protrudes more and everything I have tried has only lead to either nothing or more imbalance.

When I do swings my hips go to the left slightly and I can always feel a stronger contraction in the left erector. In loaded carries the hips either go to the left, I lean over the left, or if I can get everything straightened out my left side braces solid and straight while my right side kind of makes an hourglass shape.

If anyone has any advice that'd be great because I haven't found anything that works yet.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom