all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Double C&J form check

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I think the idea is that strongfirst espouses hardstyle and tries to teach its nuances. Adding in "other" styles may increase learning curves, add to confusion etc.

I am not referring to adding in other styles or using techniques that are not consistent with hard style principles. I am referring to techniques that ARE consistent with hard style. From personal experience, my learning curves would have been shortened with a more open-minded approach to reverse engineering GS techniques that DO apply within a hard style framework.

I am not particularly interested in learning actual GS technique and completely uninterested in GS competition. I am interested in refining my hard style technique using every availabe resource.

As I have already stated—we have great respect for GS.
It just isn't what we do.

And to John's point—we teach what we teach with focus to prevent confusion in the learning process.

Yesterday I did:
  • 4 x 3 reps on 3:00 @ 2x24kg
  • Set of 3 cleans @ 2x32 within the 3:00
  • 6 x 4 reps on 3:00 @ 2x24kg
  • Set of 2 cleans @ 2x32kg within 3:00
  • ~28:30 total, 36 C&J 2x24, 24 clean 2x32kg
I am sore in the knees today if I squat in everyday movement. No discomfort when seated, standing, or walking, just if I do a squat type movement.

I also sprinted some on Monday playing softball, so I can’t tell what contributed most to it.

I plan to work up to 10 x 4 @ 2x24 alternated with 2x32 cleans for 2-3 reps, by the end of next week.

After a vacation, I plan to follow the KB Strong template to build up my 2x32 C&J. That template worked perfectly to about double my C&P RM.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom