all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Double kettlebell work question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anothercascade0

Level 2 Valued Member
When working with double bells, should you tilt both kettlebells back towards you before the hike pass like you would for a regular 2 hand swing?

When working with double bells, should you tilt both kettlebells back towards you before the hike pass like you would for a regular 2 hand swing?
I do, yes.
I do too.

But be careful about starting with the bells too far out in front of you. With double bells, the total load is higher (usually), and if you start with the bells too far in front, that's a lot of load to take all at once with too big a lever arm, and it will put a lot of stress on your back as well as pulling you off balance.

Experiment to find the best distance -- just long enough to get a good backswing into the first rep. Also experiment with your hip position in your set up. With doubles, you might want to drop your hips a little lower and keep your torso a little more upright than you would with a single bell.

Short answer, yes. Solid advice from Steve W. as well. Lastly, when it comes to doubles work and learning good mechanics, I cannot recommend Geoff Neuperts Kettlebell Strong! enough. The detailed instructions with corresponding videos are incredibly helpful. Plus, Strong! is a great program.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom