all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Double (uneven) Kettlebells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
How about Clean & Jerk ? In ROTK we are supposed to do these with double 32kg bells for reps, but what if one would use 28+32 or 36 + 32 ?

Double snatches aren't actually part of ROTK either. Just once per set, before the Military Press. Are double snatches THAT advanced compared to other exercises ?

Last edited:
White lights!

Thanks! That was actually an old post I copied and pasted. I actually got 27 white lights. I was very happy with my first meet. I did not push myself to my limit, but I still set some PR's and I was pain free in my troublesome back. It was a great learning experience. I will do it again.

Are double snatches THAT advanced compared to other exercises ?

When I was doing ROTK Grind blocks, I found the double snatch to be my limitation. I was more than able to do the press ladders with my 40kg +36kg bells, however, double snatching these were ugly (even just the 1 rep). I could not power them up all the time, especially when I started getting fatigued. I had to dip my body and finesse them up sometimes. I felt like I was cheating and my form wasn't perfect so I backed off on the weight. I considered just not doing the snatches and using heavier bells to press but decided to stick with the program.

I have been doing a fair amount of double snatches in my current ETK+ routine. I'm not pushing the weights, I'm keeping them light. I really like it. If one was forced to do one excersise, it might be the one. Double snatches work the whole body, my posterior feels fired up (like I feel after deadlifts) and my shoulders feel great.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom