all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dry fighting weight

haydengoodall

Level 2 Valued Member
Good morning!
Finished DFW for the first time with 20kg bells and great results. Wanted to give it a go with 24 kg bells, but a tad bit heavy yet. Has anyone ran through this workout with the same weight multiple times? Will more volume still be a benefit? Also, any recommendations on where to find a 22 kg bell? The internet has been unkind to me, this far. Thanks all!

Good morning!
Finished DFW for the first time with 20kg bells and great results. Wanted to give it a go with 24 kg bells, but a tad bit heavy yet. Has anyone ran through this workout with the same weight multiple times? Will more volume still be a benefit? Also, any recommendations on where to find a 22 kg bell? The internet has been unkind to me, this far. Thanks all!
Take a few weeks off and run it again.
Ader kettlebells at Kettlebell Inc, And KB kings sell them, but are out at the moment.

Last edited:
Good work!
I have previously used duct tape to attach weight plates to the bottom of kettlebells to increase weight from 32 to 36. Works well with grinds..
There are magnetic plates but they tend to be expensive.

Congratulations. Great work.

Don't waste your money on 22's You'll use them for a month and then never pick them up again.

How many reps can you do with double 24's? If you can do one, start with 5 sets of 1 on the press. Then progress until you get to 10 sets.
I'm sure you can handle more than 1 squat with the 24's. Do 5-10 sets of 2-3 reps and work up to 5 reps.

Practice your double cleans with the 24's and get tight. Flex your lats, squeeze your glutes. Get used to having the 24's in the rack.

Are you referring to Kettlebell Strong, by Neupert?
Yes I believe he is. When I started Strong, 2x24 was a little too heavy, so I started with Clean and Push press. A few weeks in I could clean and press them.

You could do the same with Giant. Use the slightly too heavy bells, but push press them until you can press them. Even if you push press the whole time you’ll get stronger in the press.

It depends though, on how “too heavy “ they are. When I did it, I could do 2 very tough presses with the 2x24. But I could push press them 3-4 times.

Good morning!

Have you consider using a 20 and a 24? Switch which side has each throughout the session.

Another choice would be to take a run through DFW with a single 28 or 32 kg bell then go back to a pair of 24's.

-S-

Good morning!
What was your total volume on the last session?

Have you tried testing your rep max with double 20s??

In addition to uneven bells, which work great, you could also try lifting with more intent by concentrating on lifting speed. This can sometimes work as a "progression" without changing weight or volume.

Alternating DFW, STRONG, and the GIANT is another approach.

I'm going to agree with everyone regarding KB STRONG! : it's a great program to get you confident with a heavier weight. I ran it earlier this year on 2x24 snatches, which I had never done and frankly scared me. I ended up with a rock-solid 12 reps when testing at the end, and got 3-5 reps on single arm 32KB sntaches.

So, KB STRONG to get better with 2x24, then DFW again, secure that you are ready for the load.

Back
Top Bottom