all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dry fighting weight

I started DFW today with 2x18s my 5RM. Day one ladders of 1, 2, 3 happened at first but I must have gone too fast or was tired today (softball game late last night and I workout at 5am) because I could not get through the last 3-4 sets with that 3rd run of the ladder. After 2 reps felt down for those sets. Guessing I went to fast and should rest even more. I did 7 sets total. Maybe after this week I will get more used to the weight?

when you say 7 sets, do you mean:
7x (1, 2, 3) for a total of 42 reps? I would consider this fast. Are you sure your presses are strict? Was the front squat done with control?
Or do you mean 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1 for a total of 13 reps? This would be way too slow. A lack of sleep definetly affected you.
Remember that you are supposed to do you C&P rest FrontSquat rest repeat. The amount of rest should allow you to remain "fresh" through out. Your first rep of the session should look like the last rep of your session, same speed and technique. It is normal that your rest periods increase as the session goes on.

For this program it may be easier to document total reps in one session. It removes ambiguity about the number of sets, especially when ladders are involved with a fixed time limit.

Regardless, there is a reason you repeat this session in week 2. You should be able to add a few extra reps in the next session while also feeling a bit easier.

Back
Top Bottom