all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ETK+ is legit!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
ETK is definitely legit. The snatches are no joke, however. For me this is the downside of the programme. Give me presses, swings and pullups and I'm happier.
ETK Plus is actually a different program altogether, published by Pavel in a 2009 issue of MILO Magazine (linked further up this thread). It’s considered a bridge between ETK and ROTK and uses rolls of a die or dice to determine the exercise variation (two press variations, a squat and a pull-up each grind day; and a pull and a push press or jerk each ballistic day), the weight, and the time allotted to each one. That’s a very, very brief nutshell.

So you definitely don’t need to snatch if you don’t want to!

ETK Plus is actually a different program altogether, published by Pavel in a 2009 issue of MILO Magazine (linked further up this thread). It’s considered a bridge between ETK and ROTK and uses rolls of a die or dice to determine the exercise variation (two press variations, a squat and a pull-up each grind day; and a pull and a push press or jerk each ballistic day), the weight, and the time allotted to each one. That’s a very, very brief nutshell.

How many weeks are laid out in the article?

I thought it was the same as ROP, oopse!

Totall about picking and choosing moves - I definitely do the press ladders! ... and swings!

I own the book and I’ve never ran the program. Is it ROP that is in ETK?

Still my favourite program. When I'm goalless again, will start doing this again (L)
Funny, I was reading through one of the DD threads on this program and one of the posters ran it for two 8-week blocks and used it to press the Beast with each arm, even though he was predominantly rolling double 24s or single 32s. I think it can definitely be used with an overall goal in mind.

I can see how good it is for GPP though, and a lot of people, like you, say it’s their favourite program. Must be something to it!

First week down the hatch!

I have to say - even though I’m only a week in - this is probably my favourite program. I love the ‘restrained’ variety and the customization, I love escalating density, and the slightly random waving of volume and intensity is suiting me too.

It’s actually reminding me of why I fell in love with kettlebell training when I got my first 16kg in 2005: hard work with a small variety of movements that don’t turn into marathon sessions.

Last edited:
I just started running this, I was getting bored with the kettlebell for grapplers program. 30 mins of clean and jerks twice a week for the last 3 months was getting old, and it's nice to touch more than 1 kettlebell in my collection!
I'm not that great at pistols but I can do them. Rolled 7 mins on them this week, just did 1 rep emom, my legs are still sore today. I put a pretty large choice for weights in, I have pairs of 20, 24, 28 and 32 so those 4 pairs plus 2 mismatched pairs for double exercises, I also threw 1 arm rows in with the pullups but so far it's interesting.

I just started running this, I was getting bored with the kettlebell for grapplers program. 30 mins of clean and jerks twice a week for the last 3 months was getting old, and it's nice to touch more than 1 kettlebell in my collection!
I'm not that great at pistols but I can do them. Rolled 7 mins on them this week, just did 1 rep emom, my legs are still sore today. I put a pretty large choice for weights in, I have pairs of 20, 24, 28 and 32 so those 4 pairs plus 2 mismatched pairs for double exercises, I also threw 1 arm rows in with the pullups but so far it's interesting.
I hear you on the appeal of giving your bell collection more comprehensive work!

Are you allocating movements pretty much by the book? I actually took @William bad butt’s advice and trimmed the exercise choice a bit, so my squats are only divided into DFSQs with six choices of even pairs, and six choices of uneven pairs. I’m going for the biggest bang-for-buck variations to strengthen the rack and improve my pressing as a side effect.

The customisation for individual goals is such a strong suit of this program.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom