Everything You Always Wanted to Know but Were Afraid To Ask About How To Use the Forum

Discussion in 'News, How-To's, and FAQ's' started by Steve Freides, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Forum Administrator Senior Certified Instructor

I believe that's not spelled "winner" but "whiner."

:)

-S-

Shawn90, Pavel Macek and Steve W. like this.
  2. rickyw

rickyw More than 500 posts

I am gonna need a little help with this..

3. Steve Freides

Move your mouse over where your name appears near the top-right of your screen. You'll see an option for Preferences - it's in there. You can also click on your name and, although it looks a little different, you'll still have the option to edit/change your Preferences, one of which is your Time Zone.

If you don't know what time zone you're in, then we have another problem entirely. :)

-S-

rickyw likes this.
  4. crazycanuck

crazycanuck Quadruple-Digit Post Count

How would you insert a video off of a tablet? I want to post one, but it is in the gallery of the camera app on my tablet, and when I click the video or camera box up above here when writing on the forum it asks for image url. Don't have a working digital camera at the moment so resorted to my tablet to take video.

5. Steve Freides

The software doesn't currently support uploading a video, only a photograph, because of the amount of space videos take up - at least that's what I assume to be the reason.

For videos, what's supported is you posting your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or any other service or site on the web, then posting a _link_ to your video in the message. The software here will recognize the video in most cases, show a picture of it, and allow it to be played in a window directly inside the forum message.

You should be able to upload directly from your tablet to YouTube or similar.

-S-

6. Jim Lauerman

Jim Lauerman More than 300 posts

Steve,

I would like to post a copy of my “FitIv” app heart rate onto my log. Where can I find out how to do that?

Thanks,

Jim

7. Steve Freides

Jim, I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Are you trying to paste something from here into an app, or something from an app to here, or something else?

Thanks.

-S-

8. Jim Lauerman

Steve,

Sorry for the confusion. I want to paste the heart rate graph from my i-phone app into the forum (on my log).

Jim

9. Steve Freides

Between the Post Reply and Insert Bookmarks buttons, there is Upload a File. If your phone app doesn’t export a graphic, use a screen shot.

-S-

Attached Files:

10. Jim Lauerman

OK, Steve. I’ll give it a try.

As always, thanks for the help.

Jim

Steve Freides likes this.