Senior Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
I have formatted the table Pavel made to work with our current forum software.
1 or 2 handed swings would make a great finisher imo. I wouldn't do them on the front end/before the lifting though. Don't overdo it, start off with 3-5 sets of 10 or something and adjust as necessary.Regarding the three day a week plan, does anyone have any recommendations including one-arm swings (A+A) and heavy TGU's with this program?
I'm happy with what I'm doing right now, but will eventually transition to the three day template for this program once I plateau. I'm thinking the swings could go on the front end of one of the training sessions and the TGU's could replace the light bench.
Also, I completely understand that any additions are no longer "the program"... Just curious to see if there's a way to maintain Swing and TGU progress while on this program.
I'm doing swings before deadlifts some days - it's working fine for me, following an A+A/S&S model of never getting out of breath doing the swings: short sets, long rests.1 or 2 handed swings would make a great finisher imo. I wouldn't do them on the front end/before the lifting though. Don't overdo it, start off with 3-5 sets of 10 or something and adjust as necessary.
1) Very good idea to do most training beltless on Squat and Dl. Obviously if you intend to compete using one you should definitely have practice doing so however if you do not intend to compete or are satisfied doing so beltless as well I would never wear on if I were you.Hi guys. Been doing the program for some time now and couple questions have been bothering me lately and i would appreciate some help with them.
1. The belt. I Dont use belt at all to strenghten my core which is my biggest weakness. Is this a good idea?
2. I had a hamstring accident and It prevents me doing a lot of volume on deads. Been doing dl day 5x3. Now it starts to feel that there isnt enough volume so should i stall the weights and just do 5x5 or add some other movementto help. (I think i know the obvious answer but want to be sure).
3. Most of the time in work i just sit so i tend to do lot of walking (around 18-25km a week). Is this a good thing to do or should i switch to hill sprints etc or drop all of them.
4. My grip and forearms are suffering from lack of work and they have started to ach from time to time. Any good assistance for this? My current 5x5 Numbers are sq 150kg, bb 115kg and dl 170kg. Ty for all the help!
Max legal grip is for competing athletes. If you don't compete, and want "just" to get stronger, feel free to choose the grip that suits your built most.Is using a medium grip BP acceptable or should I use a max legal grip for this program? I know max legal is common in Russian systems. Or does it not matter? Thanks!