all posts post new thread

"Fast and effective" breakfast ideas

Y'all afraid of getting fat or what??? I usually have a turkey sandwich and half a Cliff bar and on the other days this...

View attachment 24218

And my breakfast is usually 5pm or after. That way I'm fasting for 10-12 hrs.
A turkey sandwich? I ate a turkey sandwich with my actual meal the other day. And I have never been keen on anything premade and frozen. That’s just me though. Growing up my dad absolutely refused to eat anything premade. We grew up on eating a solid meal zero snacking etc.

A turkey sandwich? I ate a turkey sandwich with my actual meal the other day. And I have never been keen on anything premade and frozen. That’s just me though. Growing up my dad absolutely refused to eat anything premade. We grew up on eating a solid meal zero snacking etc.
That's cool. Everyone should experience the wonder of the potpie at least once in their life tho, premade or not.

I usually rely on two options. They require some prep and planning, but not much.

I keep blueberries and spinach in the freezer. I defrost them (only a small handful of spinach) in the microwave. I add them to a scoop of a big batch of steel cut oats and cinnamon i've cooked and kept in the refrigerator. I also add walnuts and almonds. If I have some yoghurt, I'll add that. Maple syrup if I'm feeling decadent.

Put a pan on the stove. Add some olive oil and turn heat to medium. Take spinach, cauliflower, onions and peppers from packages in the freezer and throw in pan. Also in the freezer is sausage I've pre-cooked and diced. Toss a handful of that in the pan, too. Add other leftover stuff in refrigerator if you have it. Could be meat or vegetable. Maybe part of a baked potato or sweet potato (I cook extras to use for many meals). Smoked paprika and cumin are my go-to seasonings. Finish with a few eggs--scrambled with the above or over-easy once the pan's empty.

I usually rely on two options. They require some prep and planning, but not much.

I keep blueberries and spinach in the freezer. I defrost them (only a small handful of spinach) in the microwave. I add them to a scoop of a big batch of steel cut oats and cinnamon i've cooked and kept in the refrigerator. I also add walnuts and almonds. If I have some yoghurt, I'll add that. Maple syrup if I'm feeling decadent.

Put a pan on the stove. Add some olive oil and turn heat to medium. Take spinach, cauliflower, onions and peppers from packages in the freezer and throw in pan. Also in the freezer is sausage I've pre-cooked and diced. Toss a handful of that in the pan, too. Add other leftover stuff in refrigerator if you have it. Could be meat or vegetable. Maybe part of a baked potato or sweet potato (I cook extras to use for many meals). Smoked paprika and cumin are my go-to seasonings. Finish with a few eggs--scrambled with the above or over-easy once the pan's empty.
Sounds great! Will try that out

I tend to cycle between a lunchtime and morning breakfast.
Today's took a few minutes in the microwave while dealing with the kids;
- frozen spinach
- 2 large eggs
- few dessertspoon of boiled rice
- ground flaxseed
Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.

I almost always have:
*big glass of milk mixed w. vanilla whey protein powder, orange metamucil, creatine, and a dash of matcha
*cream of wheat w. some granola and berries thrown in

Later, if I have time, coffee. If I don't have time, I'll slam a Diet Mt. Dew. Sometimes I'll have both...

Every Sunday I brown 3-5 pounds of ground beef. In the morning I will mix a cup of the ground beef with 3-4 eggs and scrambled them together. Takes about 5 minutes.
I think you're the first person in this thread that actually eats real food for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom