all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Fighter Pull up with S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello everyone I have question ...
In two months I have a test in max pull ups...Now Is my max 14 strict tactical pull up...Nowdays i doing S&S 4 times a week(40kg)Question is Can i still doing S&S with Fighter Pull.up or I can doing only Fighter Pull up...
I must be carefull therefore I cant be sore and weary...
Which frequency is best according to yours opinion and experiences ?

I have been able to successfully combine a 5-6 day S&S along with a weighted FPP. Tips: get adequate recovery, eat and hydrate well, and consider some LED locomotive training such as running.

I have been able to successfully combine a 5-6 day S&S along with a weighted FPP. Tips: get adequate recovery, eat and hydrate well, and consider some LED locomotive training such as running.

- what weights did you use in S&S?
- what weight did you use in FPP, what rep range, and what was the improvement?

Thank you!

Hello everyone I have question ...
In two months I have a test in max pull ups...Now Is my max 14 strict tactical pull up...Nowdays i doing S&S 4 times a week(40kg)Question is Can i still doing S&S with Fighter Pull.up or I can doing only Fighter Pull up...
I must be carefull therefore I cant be sore and weary...
Which frequency is best according to yours opinion and experiences ?

Hmm and you doing also all Simple a Sinister with Halo,Bridge and goblet squat?
And what range of reps do you use in Fighter Pull up...
My max is about 14-15 pull up and I doing also S&S with 40kg ...
Thankyou

Thank you!

Hi Pavel and how is your experiences from FPP ? When you desided for FPP can you also train S&S ?
Freqency and Volume ?
Thankyou Mr. Macek....

Thank you!
24kg in S&S
30lbs in FPP 3rm

Did not track 'improvements' per se, but looking back over my notes I was climbing pretty hard at the time and running OCR's

Hi Pavel and how is your experiences from FPP ? When you desided for FPP can you also train S&S ?
Freqency and Volume ?
Thankyou Mr. Macek....

S&S+FPP - I would not do it.

If you read Czech (I suppose you do), do

1) S&S 3x/week, plus Program na shyby se zátěží a zlepšení 1MO [.pdf ke stažení] | KB5

And 6 weeks before the test, switch to

2) S&S 2x/week and Program pro pokročilé na zlepšení maxima počtů opakování shybů: Commando Pullup [.pdf] | KB5

So your advice is Commando Pull up program with S&S two times a week rather than Fighter Pull up 6times a week withouat S&S?
My max is 14 pull up.and I need 20pull up +
Thankyou.

So your advice is Commando Pull up program with S&S two times a week rather than Fighter Pull up 6times a week withouat S&S?
My max is 14 pull up.and I need 20pull up +
Thankyou.

Patrik, if you goal are pull-ups only (and nothing else), FPP is great. What I mean is: don't run S&S and FPP.

Patrik, if you goal are pull-ups only (and nothing else), FPP is great. What I mean is: don't run S&S and FPP.

Ok I think so You are give me this advice...
Thanks...And No my goal is be Have good GPP for life and for service and my max ij pull up must be enough...
Thank you.

Ok I think so You are give me this advice...
Thanks...And No my goal is be Have good GPP for life and for service and my max ij pull up must be enough...
Thank you.

Patrik, the procedure is simple:

1) Read the advice
2) Follow the advice
3) Don't ask the same question again and again, expecting different answer.

Patrik, the procedure is simple:

1) Read the advice
2) Follow the advice
3) Don't ask the same question again and again, expecting different answer.

Ok I understand...I have last question...Is good option train GTG pull up with S&S?Or I can doing only S&S or Some exercises GTG...
Thankyou.

Guys, think of it like this - you have 1 glass (your energy resources), beer (great program #1), and vodka (great program #2).

The glass can be full of good Czech beer. Or full of good Russian vodka.

Of course it can be half beer, half vodka - dunno what kind of cocktail it is, but well, I don't judge.

But you can't have the very same glass full both of beer and vodka at the same time.

I think the confusion is due to S&S marketed as not detracting from other sport practice or only being a half full glass. FPP is not sport practice, it is a peaking program and likely a full glass for upper body pulling for most. If adding to it, full body programs like S&S are not ideal. @offwidth likely has a bit more volume tolerance due to climbing background which may not be appropriate for everyone.

I think the confusion is due to S&S marketed as not detracting from other sport practice or only being a half full glass. FPP is not sport practice, it is a peaking program and likely a full glass for upper body pulling for most. If adding to it, full body programs like S&S are not ideal. @offwidth likely has a bit more volume tolerance due to climbing background which may not be appropriate for everyone.

S&S + sport? Excellent, and almost daily practice.

S&S + other main program? 2x/week, perfect (but nobody should expect huge progress - S&S is in this case more maintenance/variety day).

S&S + specialized peaking program? No, just like you wrote above.

I will submit that I tried to mix S&S with FPP at reduced frequency (3 days a week), and still developed a lovely case of elbow tendonitis. I personally cannot handle the near constant max reps.

Your mileage may vary.

Ok, I understand that S&S is a full body programme, but FPP (or pull ups) are a movement that is not included in S&S, no?
Won't I lose my poor but self-earned pull up gains?

@Ramdaflare , I'd say you can absolutely mix in some pullup work with S&S. FPP was just too much for me. I don't think you have to spent so much time at near max reps to be able to maintain or improve on pullups.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom