all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Forearm Serious Pain

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Another thing I haven't seen mentioned - try a different brand of kettlebell. I know, a few years back when DD was the only brand, my wife had a problem with their 12 kg bells banging into her wrist, but we got here Ader bells in the same weight, which had a longer distance between bell and handle, and that solved her problem.

-S-
Out of all my many bells (DD and Rogue cast iron, KBUSA and KB Kings competition), and all the others I have used at one time or another, the one bell that causes me pain is a 12kg DD (that I got for my wife and that I have used for armbars). No matter how I adjust my grip with the bell resting on my forearm, it seems to always find a painful spot. I have never used any other type of bell in any size that has this problem.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned - try a different brand of kettlebell. I know, a few years back when DD was the only brand, my wife had a problem with their 12 kg bells banging into her wrist, but we got here Ader bells in the same weight, which had a longer distance between bell and handle, and that solved her problem.

-S-
Thanks Steve. I don’t think I’m buying a second 40kg bell any time soon ;). It’s getting better, but the discomfort remains. I will test tomorrow if I feel an improvement with those pads.

I don’t think I’m buying a second 40kg bell any time soon
If what you have isn't good for you, I'd sell what you have and buy another - assuming you can figure out if that is, in fact, the issue.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom