all posts post new thread

Old Forum Foundation Of Strength DVD

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I saw it on Facebook, but more details please... I mean is this part of a series ?  What's covered? very interested!

I ordered it from the facebook link because it looks solid.

Odd that there is not link on the actual StrongFirst website mentioning its existence at all...

http://www.strongfirst.com/booksanddvd/strongfirst-foundation-of-strength-dvd/

It is on the website now.
The Barbell- Perhaps no three exercises are more important to any athlete than the deadlift, the squat and the press. Each appears deceptively simple, but success in any of them requires an understanding of proper mechanics and the correct set up that leads to a successful finish. Spend a little time learning the basics of the barbell and watch your lifts get bigger while you get stronger and stay safer.
Does it mean that Overhead Press and Behind the neck Press are not covered?

Gray, first thank you for that wonderful review. I’m really speechless.

The material on this DVD was created after a conversation Nikki and I had last year when she lamented that there really wasn’t a resource available that showed a novice how to do different exercises that was focused simply on technique. More importantly, we wondered about people who have spent a great deal of time in a gym but who just “fell” in to their form and technique. Worst case scenario, this video can give those guys (and girls) a few remedial tips. I played this on my gym’s big screen one Saturday morning when the heavy lifters were there. No one screamed “This sucks!” ( a good sign) In fact, most guys remarked that it was some of the most reasonable instruction they’d seen in a while.

Next, someone asked is there a series, or in other words, where do we go from here? Well, if this sells, and it seems to be doing well so far (see updates below), we have a few more in the can. They cover program design using the techniques shown in the first video. No, we’re not going to produce circus tricks, we’re going to show how to use the instruction from volume one for:

1. General strength and conditioning

2. Use with special populations (old guys like me, and post procedural rehab)

3. A “tactical” approach to training

Here’s some updated news: (GOOD NEWS!) The downloadable version has been submitted to the publishing source and it is being reviewed. (BAD NEWS!) While the new format is being reviewed, we suspended the sales of the physical DVD so that whether it’s a download or a hard copy, the product is EXACTLY the same. (SO-SO NEWS) We should be able to complete the review in ten days.

You guys asked for the contents. Here you go:

The Kettlebell- A simple to use gym-in-a-hand that provides anytime, anywhere strength and conditioning. Learn and master the kettlebell swing, get up, press and squat and understand why kettlebells are found in any facility that teaches power, mobility and performance.

The Barbell- Perhaps no three exercises are more important to any athlete than the deadlift, the squat and the press. Each appears deceptively simple, but success in any of them requires an understanding of proper mechanics and the correct set up that leads to a successful finish. Spend a little time learning the basics of the barbell and watch your lifts get bigger while you get stronger and stay safer.

Dumbbells- There’s a lot more to using dumbbells than biceps curls and shoulder presses. The use of dumbbells in a strength and conditioning program is as old as the ancient Greeks, but using them properly requires a little more thought than just, “Grip it and Rip It!” You’ll learn how to use dumbbells to build muscle, increase stamina and teach your body to move athletically. Exercises covered include the bench and standing military press, bent over rows, chest flyes, pullovers (Rif’s and my favorite exercise), squats, one legged deadlifts, floor rows (Renegade Rows) and a few complexes that can use dunbbbells as well as kettlebells. The dumbbell section cover a lot of exercises that are easily interchanged with the kettlebell as well…plus it was a chance to return to my gym rat days.

Sandbags- Sandbags are a “living weight”. As it moves, the sandbag’s weight shifts and changes shape. We lift more things that move and shift each day than we realize; the large bag of pet food at the store, the bag of topsoil or sand from the home improvement center, our children from a car seat to their stroller. First responders helping a patient off the ground, a police officer taking someone in to custody, or a soldier helping a fallen comrade demonstrate that we lift much more living weight than we realize. A few simple cues can make lifting those weights simpler and safer. Covered exercises include the basic deadlift, the clean, the press and the squat. Nothing tricky, no swings, no spins. You can use  kettlebells for those 
icon_smile.gif

I really hope you guys like this product. It was produced keeping in mind what StrongFirst means to so many of us: intelligent strength, taught in a straight-forward manner.

Mark Toomey wrote, " ... old guys like me ..."

I am not old, therefore you are not old.

-S-

Have you started selling the physical DVD's again? Have you finished syncing up both download and DVD versions?

Yes, any update on the downloadable content ? I live in the UK so it would be most convenient

Im intrested in the Download version as I live in the Uk and dont want get nailed by the import fees of an overseas DVD!

That guys got Guns! :)

The download version is going through the last of the review by the Amazon affiliate. It should be live in the next two weeks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom