all posts post new thread

Getting Artificially Strong (and complaining about Cardio)

Hatfield Squat - 210#
2x5, 1x11

BikeErg - 30 Mins
13304m

Not too far off my PR on the BikeErg, 13333m. Squats still feeling good.

Giant 1.05 W2D3 30kg
18 rounds

One round PR, rough af. I paced every 1:30 taking round 7 and 14 off to see if I can hit 20. It as a very rough workout, feeling pretty wiped. I guess it’s to be expected as I switched to heavier squats and PRed every day of Giant this week. Going to go ham on some A2 milk and ranch waters tonight to try and recover.

Hayfield Squat - 220#
2x5, 1x10

Blitz - 10//1:00/1:00
156cals

Surprise 2 cal PR on the bike, wasn’t expecting it after I went pretty ham on a bottle of wine last night with the wife. Learning how to squat again, 5s feels difficult but then suddenly I can hit 10 with minor grind.

Giant 1.05 W3D2 30kgs
12 Rounds

Row - Purple Band
3x12

Tied my PR, I think that this is going to be a difficult one to break. Hopefully the magic of 8s in a couple weeks get the wheels moving.

Hatfield Squat - 230#
2x5, 1x6

BikeErg - 30 Mins
13227m

Took it easy on the AMRAP today to try and manage the fatigue and also so next workout is at Bodyweight.

Giant 1.05 W3D2 30kg
9 Rounds

Row - Purple Band
2x12, 1x15

Tied last weeks PR, pretty high RPE in doing so. (8 ish). Not looking forward to the volume death on day three whatsoever lol.

Giant 1.05 W3D3 30kg
19 rounds

One round PR, I was pacing for and really shooting for 20. I knew this was my shot at it and next week is less than ideal, but holy f*** was this a rough one. I had to break at 14, but taking a round off had me coming back super depleted. It was almost worse to break, because the next 6 were a fight. At two left I was thinking I was going to puke but I survived them. Massive head ache after I cooled down. This was the hardest I have pushed/red lined in a long long time. It was unpleasant but nice to know I still have it.

Beat my PR with the 60s by two rounds which is just crazy to me. I should start seeing a decline in volume with these weight increases but with the 30s I’m breaking the ceiling still. Still absolutely enamored with this programming.

Hatfield Squat - 240#
2x5, 1x9

BikeErg - 30 Mins
13283m

Felt like an absolute zombie last night, just chugged water and electrolytes then crashed early. Woke up a bit stoved up but still felt okay to squat. I’m pulling the punches here a bit with the programming to not jump 10 pounds, but squatting is feeling real good.

Giant 1.05 W4D1 30kg
12 rounds

Third straight week of 12 rounds, but a much lower RPE this time. Somewhere more in the 8 range vs 9 last week. I’m headed to Scottsdale this weekend to party with my sister, if my hangover is fully shaken by Tuesday I think I’ve got 13 rounds in me.

Hatfield Squat - 245#
2x5, 1x12

Blitz - 10 // 1:00/1:00
142 cals

Pretty surprised by all the squats, I slept terribly but they felt easy. My cardio definitely slumped from the lack of sleep.

Giant 1.05 W4D2 30kg
8 rounds

Lost a round, but I’m dying from my VGK celebration hangover. Plus I had to do a pretty massive cocktail tasting today on top of it. All in all, happy. My back swings felt super deep and fluid for whatever reason.

Hatfield Squat - 275#
2x5, 1x12

BikeErg - 30 Mins
13578m

While loading the bar I realized I did some terrible barbell math last week and instead of 240 and 245, I had done 260 and 265. Decided to just roll with it and still hit 12 squats today. These are continuing to climb nicely. 13578 is a new PR for 30 mins.

Giant 1.05 W4D3 30kg
15 Rounds

Row - Purple Band
2x13, 1x19

Four rounds off last week; but a far more enjoyable experience. My elbow has been feeling achey lately, but fine once warmed up. I got a theraband and an armaid to try and see if that helps it.

Giant 1.1 W1D2 30kg
8 rounds

Row - Purple Band
3x15

8 for 8, but a rough fought battle on this. I’m not sure if it’s the armaid or theraband but my elbow is seeming to get slowly better. I’m hoping I can get it fine and add tricep extensions back.

Goal of 9 rounds, stretch goal of 10 rounds.

Hatfield Squat - 295#
2x5, 1x10

BikeErg - 30 Mins
13277m

Probably should have stopped at 9. Bar slid forward on my neck with an ugly tenth rep I’m not proud of. Maybe I’m finally at the end of my ten pound jumps or maybe this was an off day. We will see!

Giant 1.1 W1D3 30kg
10 rounds

Row - Purple Band
3x15

Pretty good session today, hit a one round PR. It wasn’t particularly easy, I think I’m going to be here for a bit before I progress.

Giant 1.1 W2D1 30kg
13 rounds

Row - Purple Band
2x8, 1x18

One round PR, hitting my goal for these reps. This was a pretty tough effort, close to an RPE 9. I had a stretch goal of 15, that feels preposterous. After next week I’m going on a vacation so most likely next week is my last shot at beating 13.

6/27
Hatfield Squat - 305#
3x5

Today
Hatfield Squat - 310#
3x5

Last week I ended up cutting cardio because I felt a little off, then the next day I was full bore sick. Carried a fever for about five days and still feel a bit wrecked from it. Todays squats were pretty high RPE and nothing left in the tank for cardio. Hoping to hit giant again tomorrow, but it’s gonna be a survive the day sort of outing.

Back
Top Bottom