all posts post new thread

GHFL by Geoff Neupert

I have it, the advanced version. It is brutal. I ended up using it as "conditioning" work after strength work. Pretty nice, but can be challenging to find the right load.

I have it, the advanced version. It is brutal. I ended up using it as "conditioning" work after strength work. Pretty nice, but can be challenging to find the right load.
I dabble With sport so the 90 second rest sounds amazing lol.

This program is my next up. I am in the middle of Week 9 of 12 for the beta test for Kettlebell Bell ICT.

I bought the advanced program. I am planning on running the double clean & jerks with 20k bells.
Nice lemme know how ICT is. I’m starting advanced with double 28’s clean and jerk. Will be posting on my insta like a nerd. lol.

Nice lemme know how ICT is.

ICT is a great program.

It's challenging in a good way. I like the variety of lifts. The program includes both conditioning and strength movements.

I’m starting advanced with double 28’s clean and jerk. Will be posting on my insta like a nerd. lol.

Make sure you post your progress here too. I will be joining you in a few weeks.

What is the difference between this GHFL and ‘Swing Hard’ for a novice/someone returning from a layoff?

What is the difference between this GHFL and ‘Swing Hard’ for a novice/someone returning from a layoff?
in general, GHFL Novice has a more dense dose of swings. so - hypothetically - I would do Swing hard version 1,2,3 and then consider doing GHFL thereafter. but that concern might be mitigated by a higher level of existing capacity and conditioning, and a lighter bell.

Week 1 is done.

This is a great program. (Dare I say fun?)

I am running the advanced program with double clean & jerks using 2x24k bells.

I have never done a program with DCJ as the only lift. I really enjoy the DCJ. I worked very hard to get this lift down. About a year ago I started the DCJ mobility exercises Geoff Neupert suggests in his PDF instructions for Strong!. I did the stick dislocates and practiced squatting with the stick held over my head. The most elusive part of learning the lift for me was the coordination between the dip and duck part of the lift. I will admit that I was discouraged at my lack of coordination in getting the timing down. But I kept working on it. Once I had that coordination down, I practiced squatting, clean & push presses, and clean & jerks with my stick. This "unloaded" movement practice helped me feel the difference between the 3 lifts and nail the movements down. The last part of learning this lift was putting it in a program. I just finished the Beta test for KB ICT. One of the conditioning moves was the jerk. The conditioning part of KB ICT includes high rep movements with medium to light bells. I used 2x20 bells for the jerk.

One unexpected part of KB GHFL program was some DOMS in my glutes. (?!!?) I haven't had DOMS in a long time. I kinda like it in a weird way. However, if I get a big butt from this program, I hope it is supple and shapely like J.Lo rather than a big butt like the Nutty Professor or Charles Barkley. (LOL!)

Week 2 is done.

I am really enjoying this program. This is the first program that I have ever ran where the only lift is a ballistic lift.

After the session I feel invigorated and ready for my day. (I lift in the morning)

I am running the advanced program with double clean & jerks using 2x24k bells. At the end of the session I have been patterning 2x32k cleans. This week it was 4x1.

Week 2 is done.

I am really enjoying this program. This is the first program that I have ever ran where the only lift is a ballistic lift.

After the session I feel invigorated and ready for my day. (I lift in the morning)

I am running the advanced program with double clean & jerks using 2x24k bells. At the end of the session I have been patterning 2x32k cleans. This week it was 4x1.
I’m on week 7 and feeling pretty amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_2548.jpeg
    IMG_2548.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom