all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Greasing the groove

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tyler Small

First Post
Read about Greasing the Groove and love the concept; however, I'm looking to gain muscle quick not just build strength. That being said, it feels awesome to wake up and do a couple chins ups or throw in some push-ups throughout the day.

If I add these greasing the grove techniques to a regular weight training plan designed for building muscle, am I hurting my gain results? Like I said, I would ideally like to combine both and not worry about doing some chin ups for example even when my biceps are sore from yesterdays workout.

TIA,
Tyler

Read about Greasing the Groove and love the concept; however, I'm looking to gain muscle quick not just build strength. That being said, it feels awesome to wake up and do a couple chins ups or throw in some push-ups throughout the day.

If I add these greasing the grove techniques to a regular weight training plan designed for building muscle, am I hurting my gain results? Like I said, I would ideally like to combine both and not worry about doing some chin ups for example even when my biceps are sore from yesterdays workout.

TIA,
Tyler
The mantra of GtG is "As often as possible, as fresh as possible". So as long as the frequency of GtG leaves you fresh for other things, it will assist your other work.

The GTG and you current training plan shouldn't be on a collision course, though if you planning to do pull-ups on a particular day as a part of you training and at the same day you are doing pull-ups in GTG style, it will be at least not easy to complete training sets. Moreover, doing more than 10 sets of 7 reps of pull-ups a day could have a negative impact on the lats recovery, in particular.
Nonetheless, if you implement GTG in your training plan wisely, you will benefit from it.

If you keep your number of reps with GTG training to an absolute minimum and compensate with frequency, I would expect it to work well. For example, if you can do ten good pull-ups, only do two or three at a time with perfect form and have a good break between the next set to make sure you are 100% recovered.

Hello,

@Tyler Small
As long as you stay fresh and recover well (so you notice a progression in the moves you do), you can use both GTG and your current routine at the same time.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom