all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Grip Strength

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I just discovered another great grip builder. To improve my form and correct some issues with my 1H-Swing i used Towel-1H-Swings. Pavel recommends them for 2H-Swings to learn how to "use" your arms only as ropes connected to the KB.
Doing the Towel-1HS with a 16KG was as challenging on my grip as 1HS with a 32Kg, but without the form breakdown that would happen if you swing a KB that you aren't ready for.

These are all great ideas and fantastic exercises. If you are wanting to soley concentrate on just grip without performing a complex of exercises I would suggest starting with the basic and elementary. Grab a dumbbell or barbell with decent or heavy weight and hold one for a duration of time. Then progress by adding more time. Start with the simplistic hold and then you can add more weight, work with towels, thicker grips, rolling of fingers, and ROM of the hand and wrist.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom