all posts post new thread

GTG Push-up and Pull-up LOG

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Today morning I did 15/5 during my regular S&S practice. So, at the moment I have completed 75 reps in total. Slowly building up the volume.

Stay Strong. Stay Hard. Get After It.

DEC 26, Sunday

GTG
9 sets of:

• 4 Pull-up
  • 15 Push-up
  • 3 Pistol
NOTE
Yes, I know, more than two exercise should not be concerned GTG, but I decided to lean more into mini-session, so I'm about to do those three multiple times throughout the day, 9 times to be precise.

Hello @mikhael

As long as these mini sessions do not "bother" your schedule or really oblige you to re-schedule your daily life, they are a great tool to build skill and a decent amount of "daily life strength". They are also excellent to keep physically active, which is always great in today's world.

Keep going !

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet' There is no need to reschedule my weekly regime. S&S 3x times a week, Presses also 3x times a week, plus these micro-strength-focus exercises. I treat them as a recharge during the day.

NOTE

The micro-sessions concept need to be updated. It seems that when I'm at work most often I cannot complete Pull-up work, thus decided to switch to a different protocol.
The new concept will look like this:

• GTG Push-ups with Pistols during the working hours and after back home,
  • Red Army Pull-up Protocol for Pull-ups and HLR, 3-4 times a week. Since my current RM in Pulls are 14 reps (btw I dunno how this had happened) I should start the RAPUP from 8/7 level, but will start from 7/7.

DEC 31, Friday

NOTE
Since today is the last day of the year I decided to get some in GTG and do AMAP during the day. Time of rest between sets no less than 15 mikes (by the way, I figured out that rest time are gonna be correlated with the number of reps, that is 15 mikes if a set of Push-ups equals 15 reps, 20 mikes if a set of PU eq. 20 reps, and appropriately for 25 reps.
The minimum amount of sets to aim for today are 32, which would give 480 Push-ups and 96 Pistols.
Does anybody would like to join?

Stay Strong. Stay Hard, and Get After It.

DEC 31 - Update

# throughout the day
GTG
Push-up & Pistol

32 x 30%%RM:
• Push-up, 15
• Pistol, 3
Total
• 480 Push-ups
• 96 Pistol

JAN 2, Sunday

NOTE:
Decided to take a different approach to Push-up and Pistol today. Every 3h starting at the top of an hour I do a set of 15 Push-up and 3 Pistol per leg. Then I rest 15 mikes and do the second set of Push-up and Pistol, but this time the numbers are 20 and 4. After 20 mikes I do the last set, actually should be called superset, and this time it consists 25 Push-ups and 5 Pistols. It is a GTG Ladder approach and today I'm aiming at 5 such ladders.

EDIT:
Completed 3 Ladders, which equals 180 Push-up and 36 Pistol.

Last edited:
JAN 3, Monday

# throughout the day
GTG
Push-up & Pistol Ladders

A ladders consists a superset of Push-ups followed by a set of Pistols performed alternatively per leg. The numbers in each rung are:
  • 15 Push-ups and 3 Pistols
--- Rest 15 mikes ---
  • 20 Push-ups and 4 Pistols
--- Rest 20 mikes ---
  • 25 Push-ups and 5 Pistols
Completed 1 Ladder.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom