all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed GYM MEMES (cont'd)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Unless I am taking a plane there is always a kettlebell in the car’s trunk…
My 24’s were in the front seat on the floor, as my gym only goes to 20kg’s.

The other week, my wife was in the office instead of at home. We work pretty close when she’s in the office, so I offered to drive her from the carpark to her office as it was raining ( city office, crap parking so she needs to park then walk ). Well, I went from hero to zero as we went around a corner and one of the bells rolled onto her foot. Not really bad, but yeah, I went from hero to zero pretty quick.

In the backseat on the floor now

My 24’s were in the front seat on the floor, as my gym only goes to 20kg’s.

The other week, my wife was in the office instead of at home. We work pretty close when she’s in the office, so I offered to drive her from the carpark to her office as it was raining ( city office, crap parking so she needs to park then walk ). Well, I went from hero to zero as we went around a corner and one of the bells rolled onto her foot. Not really bad, but yeah, I went from hero to zero pretty quick.

In the backseat on the floor now
I feel compelled to say this from time to time, but if you drive w. bells, you should buckle them too.

Agree I always buckle them in the car’s trunk with a couple of 20KN slings. You never know when those Gs or virtual forces are going to roar their ugly head…
A story I've told here at least once before:

I was on the way to a seminar in South Jersey (we live in North Jersey) and was asked to bring some kettlebells with me. We almost drove by the location, which was located on a downhill section of road, and I braked hard, at which point a 12 kg kettlebell slid forward and depressed the gas pedal. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first, so I shifted the car, a Dodge Grand Caravan, into neutral. The engine raced even more, and after a few seconds I looked down and saw what had happened.

Buckle those bells.

-S-

A story I've told here at least once before:

I was on the way to a seminar in South Jersey (we live in North Jersey) and was asked to bring some kettlebells with me. We almost drove by the location, which was located on a downhill section of road, and I braked hard, at which point a 12 kg kettlebell slid forward and depressed the gas pedal. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first, so I shifted the car, a Dodge Grand Caravan, into neutral. The engine raced even more, and after a few seconds I looked down and saw what had happened.

Buckle those bells.

-S-
Imagine crashing into something. Suddenly there is a cannonball inside the car...

I have box for bells. 2 just don’t fit, so one is jammed between the box and the firewall. Doesn’t move more than a few inches, but my wife’s foot just happened to be there.

I don’t know about anyone else here, but driving these days is just mental. No one seems to give a damn about anyone, no common courtesy and people think the rules don’t apply to them. I intentionally take the long way via a few beaches so I avoid it. Takes me an extra 10mins and is much more relaxing.

I gave up my fifty minute commute for a fifteen minute commute about five years ago and my quality of life skyrocketed. I sometimes miss living in suburbs and not having to deal with homeless on a constant basis, but then someone comes in and complains about their commute and I remember it’s a decent trade.

I gave up my fifty minute commute for a fifteen minute commute about five years ago and my quality of life skyrocketed. I sometimes miss living in suburbs and not having to deal with homeless on a constant basis, but then someone comes in and complains about their commute and I remember it’s a decent trade.
I did the same thing about five years ago!!

If you consider how much you spend at work, sleeping, doing necessary house chores. You only have left a few hours of those 24 hours.

1 hour 10min extra per day ( 2*(50min-15min)) may make all the difference in your quality of life…

I did the same thing about five years ago!!
If you consider how much you spend at work, sleeping, doing necessary house chores. You only have left a few hours of those 24 hours.
1 hour 10min extra per day ( 2*(50min-15min)) may make all the difference in your quality of life…
I used to coach (in addition to my day job) - hours coaching could range anywhere from 30-80 hours/month. I didn't realize how much that was taking from me and my family until I quit.

Back
Top Bottom