all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed GYM MEMES (cont'd)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
joint-meme.jpg

I used to think lever belts were stupid even after seeing a ton of lifters at meets w. them. Somehow seeing Martin Muhr in 2000 cured me of this notion.

Carrying up 200kg like that would be brutal. I have an old EliteFTS single prong. I never really got into different types of belts, I had one and kinda left it at that. I know some folks feel very strongly about their preferred type.

Carrying up 200kg like that would be brutal. I have an old EliteFTS single prong. I never really got into different types of belts, I had one and kinda left it at that. I know some folks feel very strongly about their preferred type.
I have a 2-prong Inzer belt that I've had for over 20 years now that's still is in great shape because I don't abuse my equipment. I am still very much the *ahem* "gear wh-re" at heart.

I have a 2-prong Inzer belt that I've had for over 20 years now that's still is in great shape because I don't abuse my equipment. I am still very much the *ahem* "gear wh-re" at heart.

The belt I wore in my last competition is a seriously shameful and cheap self-locking belt with velcro:

Lacks any semblance of cool or heritage, but that piece of cheapness actually works pretty well.

And if I smack into it on the 2nd pull, it doesn't alter the bar trajectory as bad as a prong belt.

Last edited:
The belt I wore in my last competition is a seriously shameful and cheap self-locking belt with velcro:

Lacks any semblance of cool or heritage, but that piece of cheapness actually works pretty well.

And if I smack into it on the 2nd pull, it doesn't alter the bar trajectory as bad as a prong belt.
That looks like a solid piece of equipment. I am very much the "gear wh-ore" at heart and not at all snobby about the equipment that I like. I'm sure there are a lot of very solid nylon and velcro belts on the market that are excellent.

Back
Top Bottom