all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong High endurance clarification

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

PeterLuffman

Level 5 Valued Member
For those of you that have attended plan strong, you'll know that there are rep ranges for lifters with a high endurance and low endurance at a given RM.

I can't remember what the story was here, was it to do with the differences between ratio of slow/fast twitch fibres in people?

Thanks for any insight in advance.

For those of you that have attended plan strong, you'll know that there are rep ranges for lifters with a high endurance and low endurance at a given RM.

I can't remember what the story was here, was it to do with the differences between ratio of slow/fast twitch fibres in people?

Thanks for any insight in advance.
I don’t recall that it was ever explained, except to say that one should pick the rep ranges that work for the kind of lifter program is being written for.

-S/

There is a statement in "Reload": ".As a rule, the more “fast twitch” you are, the bigger your jumps." So yes, I think there is something about the ratio of slow/fast twitch fibers in people that affects programming. Does that sound like what you're referring to?

There is a statement in "Reload": ".As a rule, the more “fast twitch” you are, the bigger your jumps." So yes, I think there is something about the ratio of slow/fast twitch fibers in people that affects programming. Does that sound like what you're referring to?
Not sure. Could be.

I think this is how Pavel explained it. He said, some lifters can have high endurance with 60%, 70%, 80%, and then it just cuts off completely with heavier. As where some lifters have the same endurance capability with all intensity zones. The first example is a lifter with high endurance. Something like that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom