all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Hip Opening Combo: ATG Split Squats + High Rep KB Sumo DLs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Just tried tonight with barbell sumo DLs.

Combo is just as good, maybe even better.

I've almost got my butt touching my leading leg heel, maybe 1.5-2" to go, but I've run out of dorsiflexion in the front leg,

So getting my trailing leg quad to floor will be the next thing to work on.

Thank you. I used this movement between DL sets today and it was a real eye-opener. I thought my hip flexors were relatively loose and strong. Wrong. I will be using this move a lot through the winter. Looking forward to opening them up.

I've tried some before and after this time. I liked both.

Next time I'll try between sets.

I've tried some before and after this time. I liked both.

Next time I'll try between sets.
I haven't done them much lately, but I think you can do a lot w. circuits if you structure them correctly.
I've done circuits of barbell squatting + bdwt Bulgarian split squats + light KB windmills (and maybe others). I wouldn't recommend going overboard with it, but it really does open up the hips and, as the circuit progressed, my squats got better and better. A few caveats - 1) I'm old(er), 2) warm-up takes me forever anyway, 3) the load for squats wasn't particularly heavy (though not light - kinda schmedium, I guess).

I haven't done them much lately, but I think you can do a lot w. circuits if you structure them correctly.
I've done circuits of barbell squatting + bdwt Bulgarian split squats + light KB windmills (and maybe others). I wouldn't recommend going overboard with it, but it really does open up the hips and, as the circuit progressed, my squats got better and better. A few caveats - 1) I'm old(er), 2) warm-up takes me forever anyway, 3) the load for squats wasn't particularly heavy (though not light - kinda schmedium, I guess).

I'm 52 -- are you older than me?

And, yes, warm ups for lower body take forever.

Upper body isn't as bad.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom