all posts post new thread

Kettlebell How do SFG qualified people train???

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
yes SLDL is single leg dead lifts.
And OAPU is one arm both legs but I also work progressions for OAOLPU which is the one arm/one leg (I just don't have a full rep yet, so progressions to own it first)
I find the balancing hard for the OAOLPU. I guess that's why it's superior.

What kind of weight are you lifting for the one leg deadlift? Is this also a one arm deadlift? Sounds intriguing! Maybe this is an exercise that works with less weight than other exercises need?

As far as S&S and ROP together, why not just rotate the sessions. One day S&S and the next ROP for how ever many days per week you find appropriate?

I find the balancing hard for the OAOLPU. I guess that's why it's superior.

What kind of weight are you lifting for the one leg deadlift? Is this also a one arm deadlift? Sounds intriguing! Maybe this is an exercise that works with less weight than other exercises need?

Yes the OAOL push up requires more balance but can be achieved with taking a regression, so select an elevation like a desk or bench and begin there and work your way back to the ground.
The SLDL has great carry over done bw but can get fairly strong once balance is dialed in and you load patiently. I have worked up to just over about 10lb over my bw for sldl's. They are one of my favorite skills.

Yes the OAOL push up requires more balance but can be achieved with taking a regression, so select an elevation like a desk or bench and begin there and work your way back to the ground.
The SLDL has great carry over done bw but can get fairly strong once balance is dialed in and you load patiently. I have worked up to just over about 10lb over my bw for sldl's. They are one of my favorite skills.
Okay, I'm guessing you are doing the OLDL with a weight held in both hands - is this right? How does it compare with the one handed swings I'm doing in S&S, and how many reps for how many sets do you do it for?

I'll take your advice on the warrior pushups. I'd rather do them than the kind with both legs down even if it means working with elevation.

I imagine you've got an S&S like programe for yourself here the big pull is the SLDL and the big push is the OAOLPU.

Okay, I'm guessing you are doing the OLDL with a weight held in both hands - is this right? How does it compare with the one handed swings I'm doing in S&S, and how many reps for how many sets do you do it for?

I'll take your advice on the warrior pushups. I'd rather do them than the kind with both legs down even if it means working with elevation.

I imagine you've got an S&S like programe for yourself here the big pull is the SLDL and the big push is the OAOLPU.

My training the SLDL depend on my goal and program accordingly at that time. Sometime the SLDL is my accessory skill and performed BW slow for sets of 5-10 while other programs it may be the main focus for heavy loads with either one bell (done contralateral), Double bell or even heavy singles with a barbell.

My training the SLDL depend on my goal and program accordingly at that time. Sometime the SLDL is my accessory skill and performed BW slow for sets of 5-10 while other programs it may be the main focus for heavy loads with either one bell (done contralateral), Double bell or even heavy singles with a barbell.
Super interesting. The more I study this stuff the more contralateral or at least one side loaded exercises seem to be the way to go. I've been seeing my abs and core muscles tone up a lot more doing one handed swings with the 32 than when I was doing 2 handed swings with the 40. The TGU is a one side loaded exercise. The Naked Warrior system is also one side loading. I'm seeing that this is one of the fundamental principles of effective exercising. Absolutely fascinating.

I train five days a week. three days with kettlebells and barbells and two days for rucking. I'm training for the Sinister five minute swing test so that dominates my schedule but rehab for my knee replacement is at the top of my list as well ( belt squats, barbell hacks, walking lunges and, of course, rucking ). I also train for my bodyweight barbell military press which I missed by 4 pounds last time I attempted it :)

my training log for the last 12 years is here

Rifs Blog

Hi all,

What is ROP? I really didn't see it explained anywhere. Sorry new to the forums and new to the terms.

Thanks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom