all posts post new thread

Nutrition How much protein is enough

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I guess I don't know what a spike is.

I just eat meals and snacks with protein in them.

That's pretty much it. If you snack on hi-pro all day a little at a time, or slam multiple hi-pro meals/snacks within 3 hours, you don't get a spike in leucine levels = you don't get the best response for building muscle. Instead of triggering muscle growth it just goes in to the overall nutritional pot.

For gen fitness it really doesn't matter. If you're trying to put on lean mass it seems to make a big difference if you eat your protein in lumps, spaced min 4 hrs apart.

That's pretty much it. If you snack on hi-pro all day a little at a time, or slam multiple hi-pro meals/snacks within 3 hours, you don't get a spike in leucine levels = you don't get the best response for building muscle. Instead of triggering muscle growth it just goes in to the overall nutritional pot.

For gen fitness it really doesn't matter. If you're trying to put on lean mass it seems to make a big difference if you eat your protein in lumps, spaced min 4 hrs apart.

I do my training before dinner.

I only eat mammal meat on lifting days (3x a week, fish and birds other days), but after heavy and medium days I'll eat a big chunk of protein, then eat a larger-than-normal-with-more-protein lunch the next day.

I then cycle down to my baseline.

I have this completely unscientific notion that this replicates eating big game 2x a week, and eating little creatures, dairy, and beans the rest of the week.

So the exertion of lifting is some lame-a#@ modern analogy for caveman hunting....at least in my imagination.

My lazy cheat:

Drink more goat milk kefir

It's macro nutrient profile is pretty close to my diet as a whole.

(a little higher in fat at 50% than my 40% target, but fat is good for testosterone)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom