all posts post new thread

Kettlebell How to make a test RM?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

taro

Level 6 Valued Member
Hello

I am finishing TTComplex.
I want to do tests in these exercises for reps:

Military Press 2x24
Clean & Press 2x24
Squat 2x24

How to plan it?
What order?
What breaks?
Make them in one day?
How to test them properly?
Where to start?
Which exercises should you start with?

Split them up over 3 days. Clean and Press day 1, squats day 2 and military press day 3. Put a full day off between tests. All the movements require at the very least a ton of core stability as well as shoulder strength. You wouldn’t get any where near the right reps if you did just one session with these movements for max reps.

Before TTC i did:

C&P 7x
10min rest
SQ 10x
10 min rest
MP 5x

Maybe i must repeat that the test should be reliable. Before and after the TTC.

It depends if you want to measure progress under similar conditions or want to see what a true RM would be.

You might also consider, given that your numbers are relatively high, using heavier weights, e.g. although you might be able to test C&P @ 2 x 24 kg x 10 now, wouldn't it be cooler to get a single rep @ 2 x 28 kg? Likewise, if you squatted 10 reps before you started, you might want to try a heavier weight.

-S-

I must consider.
I want to know how much strength I have gained from TTC.
I want to know the real max.

I am interested in results with kbs 2x24.

@taro, it depends on what you mean by "strength" and "real max" - reps are great, but there isn't a 100% correlation between reps at a given weight and 1RM.

It's also worth noting that, for most strength trainees, starting with a 10RM weight is not going to build as much strength as starting with a 5-8 RM weight. You are starting to move, albeit not a lot, towards strength-endurance.

I am going to bow out here - we all look forward to hearing about your test results, however you decide to measure them.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom