all posts post new thread

Forum Business Instructor

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted 20758

Hi

i have tried to contact to instructors from this site. But no answer.
Is there anything i can do?

What do you mean?
You wanted to get in contact with an instructor by using the forum?

The instructor list is very poorly maintained. I raised this and apparently it's down to the individual instructors to update their details, and many don't seem to bother, which seems weird to me.

Yeah that depends on every instructor how they want to take care of their own page, contact details and so on.

Do you get a list of Certified Instructors Near You on the right of the forum list when you log into the forum ?

It could be a lot of things, especially in these pandemic times. A lot of instructors want to maintain their certification and listing but they are otherwise employed right now and not taking on new students. I'm not taking any students myself so I removed the "accepting new students" from my Instructor profile. I would still answer an email if I got one... but sometimes they slip by ("I'll answer this one later... oops, forgot to answer").

My suggestion would be, if you are interested in getting with an instructor in person, to find a facility where they work and go talk to them about their offerings.

If the instructor doesn't work at a gym or other facility they still may do training (i.e. you go to them, or they come to you) but it's more likely to be a non-standard offering. You just have to work it out with them.

If you are interested in online training, that's a whole different question and there are many options.

Hi

i have tried to contact to instructors from this site. But no answer.
Is there anything i can do?
TedDK:

Did you receive our automated email confirming your instructor contact email was sent to the instructor? We offer a method to contact HQ if you have not heard from the instructor within 5 business days. (If you haven’t heard back within 5 business days, please don’t hesitate to contact us, at contact@strongfirst.com, simply by forwarding this message.) Forwarding this to us helps us get you connected with an instructor and provide additional support.

Thank you,
Amanda @ HQ

@SFAssistant

The instructor list is very poorly maintained. I raised this and apparently it's down to the individual instructors to update their details, and many don't seem to bother, which seems weird to me.
Red_and_Black: I would love to hear more from you regarding our instructor list—I invite you to email me at admin@strongfirst.com. Thank you!
Amanda @ HQ

@SFAssistant

Last edited:
Red_and_Black: I would love to hear more from you regarding our instructor list—I invite you to email me at admin@strongfirst.com. Thank you!
Amanda @ HQ

@SFAssistant

@Amanda @ HQ I was looking for an instructor near me in the UK and I went through the UK listings and it was noticeable that loads didn't have any contact details, or even any info. I did get an excellent one near me in the end, but the list was generally not very useful. I flagged it up with someone and they sadid it was up to the individual instructors to maintain their details.

Loads of them look like this....

Screenshot_2021-08-17 StrongFirst Instructor StrongFirst.png

@Amanda @ HQ I was looking for an instructor near me in the UK and I went through the UK listings and it was noticeable that loads didn't have any contact details, or even any info. I did get an excellent one near me in the end, but the list was generally not very useful. I flagged it up with someone and they sadid it was up to the individual instructors to maintain their details.

Loads of them look like this....

View attachment 14521
Thank you, Red_and_Black. Yes, that is the case—the instructor listing is a benefit of earning the certified instructor credential, however we cannot dictate the instructor complete their profile...though it is highly encouraged.

As you are in the UK, I'd suggest for you to connect with our Great Britain country leader—Claire Booth. She is a wealth of knowledge and is a good resource. I've tagged her for her awareness.(@Claire Booth

Power to you!

People who do the certification events for reasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 on this Instructor Certifications page may not want to advertise their availability as an instructor.

View attachment 14534
@Anna C maybe that should be something that could be communicated in advance also? If they have no intention of using the directory, then opting out from the start would eliminate many blank profiles. Probably would save time for HQ also not having to create the profiles that those folks didn't want to begin with.

@Anna C maybe that should be something that could be communicated in advance also? If they have no intention of using the directory, then opting out from the start would eliminate many blank profiles. Probably would save time for HQ also not having to create the profiles that those folks didn't want to begin with.
Yes, good idea. Although I would be (being one myself) there are many who want to be listed even if they are not taking students currently, if for nothing else than to be a local resource for people in the area, or credentials being listed to accompany online content creation, articles, etc. The "Accepting new students" checkbox is sort of the "opt out", which I have used (unchecked). Then there are probably some that aren't trying to make a living at it but are interested in taking on a student from time to time, which I have also done. So, hard to say what would be the best solution there.

I guess the best indicator is that if someone has a fully fleshed out profile with all the contact info, it shows that they ARE interested in being contacted and taking on new students!

I think an option not to be listed for those that don't want to be. But if you're listed a short bio and contact details are essential imo, and then have the option to say if they're taking on students or running classes etc. or not, would solve all those problems.

Having names and cert details with nothing else looks scrappy, is confusing, and makes it harder for someone to contact a coach that is teaching.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom