all posts post new thread

Nutrition Is it possible to lower blood pressure with diet? If so, how?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Mirek, I hear you, but most of the people I know who suffer from high blood pressure do so because they're over-stressed, over-weight, or both. For those people, I think it's best to deal with the issue at its source and reduce stress and improve body composition.

But if garlic was my only option, yes, I agree, then I'd take it and "not care too much about someone's sensitive nose."

-S-

@Mirek, I hear you, but most of the people I know who suffer from high blood pressure do so because they're over-stressed, over-weight, or both. For those people, I think it's best to deal with the issue at its source and reduce stress and improve body composition.

But if garlic was my only option, yes, I agree, then I'd take it and "not care too much about someone's sensitive nose."

-S-

As much as I like garlic it is surely no panacea. The saying about not being able to out-snatch doughnuts (not sure about the source) applies also for that case. I had in mind non specific causes of hypertension.

I had in mind non specific causes of hypertension.
It would be interesting to know what percentage of total cases of hypertension that really is. I've known a few people who are diagnosed with hypertension but, if you can truly get them to calm down, their blood pressure goes down. Ditto overweight folks - even losing 20 lbs. can make a huge difference, and there are so many people, at least here in the US, who meet the criteria for "morbidly obese" - just saying that I'm not sure there are really that many people who have non-specific causes.

Not intended as medical advice or even medical commentary, just Saturday afternoon rambling.....

-S-

It would be interesting to know what percentage of total cases of hypertension that really is. I've known a few people who are diagnosed with hypertension but, if you can truly get them to calm down, their blood pressure goes down. Ditto overweight folks - even losing 20 lbs. can make a huge difference, and there are so many people, at least here in the US, who meet the criteria for "morbidly obese" - just saying that I'm not sure there are really that many people who have non-specific causes.

Not intended as medical advice or even medical commentary, just Saturday afternoon rambling.....

-S-

Yep, I'd also guess that those cases are not the majority.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom