Just for fun....post your "courage corner"

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by crazycanuck, Dec 6, 2017.

1. ClaudeR

ClaudeR Triple-Digit Post Count

I think @Kettlebelephant was referring to the 2 large nature posters

The brothers Medvedev poster (it says Russian Strongmen Brothers Medvedev: Русские сильные братья Медведев) I saw in S&S and searched in google for it, then had it printed onto aluminium.
    So let's say I "borrowed" it ;)

Martin Joe, Phil12 and Carl in Dover like this.
  2. Tarzan

Tarzan More than 500 posts

My living room generally looks like it's been ransacked by burglars or what you'd expect to see after the police have raided the place. I can clean the place up & few hours later it's back to the way it was & if I ever get my hands the guy who invented Lego I'll tear him a new one to repay him for all the Lego wounds I've had to my feet over the years.

I've been relegated to training in a claustrophobic little corridor and my most used pullup bar has a clothesline attached to it, so I have to dodge that and all my bells which are lined up along the side with a few guitar amps and other random crap. The living room is now filled with guitars, keyboards and a cacophony of random musical instruments, so there's no room to swing a cat in there. Most of the guitars are mine though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain about that too much (my wife does enough complaining about them for both of us)

Most of the time I train outside for anything that needs more than a few square feet of space to do safely, so I always get a few farmers walks in before and after training. It's turned into a custom made OH&S nightmare inside. I built a set of high/low pullup bars outside too, so that comes in handy.

If it rains I have to clear a patch inside so I can make room to move.

3. Carl in Dover

Carl in Dover More than 300 posts

Constantly arranging my tight little spot.

Attached Files:

Powell, banzaiengr, BCman and 13 others like this.
  4. Stefan Olsson

Stefan Olsson More than 500 posts

Not much, but like the good ´ol philosopher William of Ockham said: "it is vain to do with more what can be done with less"

Last picture is also my "courage corner", where I heal and recharge.

Attached Files:

Powell, BCman, Leesburgking and 14 others like this.
  5. Chrisdavisjr

Chrisdavisjr Quadruple-Digit Post Count

6. J Petersen

J Petersen SFG1/SFB Certified Instructor

May not look like much, but this might just be the best stocked kettlebell gym in Thailand.

cc.jpg

conor78, BCman, Leesburgking and 18 others like this.
  7. rkoo

rkoo More than 300 posts

I always, except for heavy rain, train outside in my backyard.

Attached Files:

8. conor78

conor78 More than 500 posts Certified Instructor

Keep my stuff in the garage in summer and in a spare room in the winter. My wife is decorating the room this summer so my courage corner will be relocating to the garage permanently. I have a heavy bag and pull up bar out there. A log of sweat has been spilt in that corner..

Attached Files:

9. Sean M

Sean M Quadruple-Digit Post Count

That’s an awesome view!

10. conor78

Cheers Sean, though during set of snatches and swings I don't tend to notice it:))

Carl in Dover likes this.
  11. Suggy3001

Suggy3001 Double-Digit Post Count

IMG_2473.JPG Quit my gym last year and spend the membership buying KBs, has paid off in spades so far! Just need to get my pullup bar on the wall. A little nippy in cold winter. Kudos to everyone who lined their KBs up for the photo :)

12. elli

elli More than 2500 posts

2018-01-03 14.07.28.jpg
    Introducing my partners in crime:)

BCman, Leesburgking, Sauli and 10 others like this.
  13. crazycanuck

crazycanuck Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Look how nice and considerate they are ;)....being so unobtrusive, taking up such little space too, just waiting for whenever you are ready to meet!

Carl in Dover likes this.
  14. conor78

15. conor78

My other courage corner, hill sprints on a forest trail. Uses for Game of Thrones from time to time. There are men running around with swords and wooly coats and nobody blinks an eyelid. I took a 24kg Kettlebell with me one afternoon and the amount of funny looks I got....lovely place

16. Michael Perry

Michael Perry SFG II, SFB Certified Instructor

Cool thread idea. Here’s mine.
    Had to stand back to get the picture, so some things that may not be obvious, l to r: parallettes, Indian clubs, Escrima sticks, bag of clean towels, dip belt for weighted pull-ups, box on the wall that’s my version of an adjustable plyo box, v-Force weighted vest behind the bike, pull-up bar with rings and jungle gym. And of course more kettlebells than I need, but just accumulated them...
    We actually use the garage for, um, cars. So except for the red mat on the floor, everything is pictured where it normally lives. Back out a car, put down the mat, and I’m in the gym.

[​IMG]

17. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Triple-Digit Post Count

27164592_327777734384194_1449418136834952350_o.jpg

Since the weather is tolerable I have an updated courage corner for the day and wanted to share.

conor78, BCman, J Petersen and 11 others like this.
  18. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Here is my "courage corner" Just some mats (about 6' x 6' coverage) on the floor, grippers on the couch, and kettlebells on the mats.

[​IMG]

19. Glen

Glen Quadruple-Digit Post Count

IMG_20171229_143951.jpg

How it is most days between sets when my partner isn't trying to contain him. Pretty much everything I'll ever need but always wanting that extra weight, KB or New device

banzaiengr, conor78, BCman and 8 others like this.
  20. crazycanuck

crazycanuck Quadruple-Digit Post Count

I like your little observer you have there.. . start 'em young.....pretty soon he will be deadlifting his own little kettlebell and you can spot him.

Glen and James McKeehan like this.