all posts post new thread

K1 Program from Hardstyle Method

@Tjerr and @chrisnewbery - Do you guys do the full Hardstyle Method Movement Prep before each workout? I love it, but it takes 15 mins. On snatcj days, after the Movement Prep and TGUs I’m like a half hour in by the time I get to the snatches (which then take another like 20-35 mins). I like Chris’ idea of splitting a session over a day or two, because the other “essential” moves are so good.
I dont personally. Not sure i have seen the full prep.
I just do what I need to do and start training. If Im in a rush I dont really warm up to be honest.

@Tjerr and @chrisnewbery - Do you guys do the full Hardstyle Method Movement Prep before each workout? I love it, but it takes 15 mins. On snatcj days, after the Movement Prep and TGUs I’m like a half hour in by the time I get to the snatches (which then take another like 20-35 mins). I like Chris’ idea of splitting a session over a day or two, because the other “essential” moves are so good.

Nope, I almost never warm-up. The sessions are long enough without it.

I am doing GFM mobility on my first rest day, unloaded mobility. And am planning to do the flexible steel loaded Mobility on Saturday as 'scratch the itch' training. Also thinking about an easy zone 2 run before the loaded Mobility on Saturday.

Thanks! It’s such a good program - agree with it being more of a “park bench” program. With the full Movement Prep and some of the higher volume days for the Press and Snatch, plus the recommended rest time on some of the essentials/accessory work, it got to be a lot. I like to try to keep things under 45 minutes, and I found myself going over an hour at times.

I know there’s the option to “scratch the itch”, but apart from some work on the rower this program doesn’t leave many itches to scratch. I might try to do the full Movement Prep in advance of some Zone 2 rowing on the off days and modify the warm up on the program days.

Man, I messed up today; did 20 Get ups with a 36, then the snatches and ab work. Session felt fine, but it completely drained all my energy, all I want to do is sleep now:confused:.

I'll take the weekend to think about dropping a bell back.

I thought that the snatch day started with 10 getups, 5 per side. But now that I look at it again, yeah, it’s 10x1/1 - 20 getups.

Yes, is 20;

Today still felt completely empty; felt cold the whole day, as if I used so much energy that I couldn't even keep warm:rolleyes:.

No achings, no soreness, just plain cold and tired; fried nervous system.

From Monday on, going to drop a bell back to 28 for the snatches and therefore also a bell back for get ups.

Oh, I’ve also only been doing 5 per side. Don’t see myself doing 10 per side - very diminishing returns, for me at least, and not worth the extra time.

Back
Top Bottom