all posts post new thread

Barbell Kenny Croxdale- rotating lifts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
seated good mornings as assistance work.
Seated Good Mornings

Charles Polquin was a fan, I am not.

If you like them and they work for you, do them. It is a personal perference thing.

One Seated Back Movement works in a similar way is...

Chair Deadlifts

I perform them off my Box Squat Box.

Below is some video demonstration of them.

Sumo and Conventional Chair Deadlifts

Conventional Chair Deadlifts

To Make Louie Simmons Blush & Chair Deadlifts

Thibaudeau: THE SEATED SUMO DEADLIFT

T-Bell Chair/Box Deadlifts

An alternative that I use, instead a Barbell at times is the T-Bell.

The T-Bell allows me to adjust the height to a lower position than a Barbell or Hungarian Core Blaster.

My Hungarian Core Blaster Chair/Box Deadlifts

The Core Blaster sits higher. I use it to perform the movement from a higher height; about the height of a Barbell load with 45 lb Plates.

I could use the T-Bell. However, I use the Core Blaster because it remain load and set up. sitting in front of my Box, ready go.

With the T-Bell and Hungarian Movement, a slightly Wide Stance is required.

Video Demonstration

They demonstrate pulling the Chair/Box Deadlift from a Dead Stop Position.

The Rocking Chair/Box Pull Deadlifts

This method that I use is similar to the "Original Westside Box Squat Method"; which is different from Simmon Box Squat Method.

Rather than sitting on the Box for a few seconds and killing the Stretch Reflex; the "Orignal Westside Method" utilizes what is more of a Rocking Box Squat. I have posted detailed information on this before.

Essentially, with the "Original Westside Box Squat", you sit on the Box, Rock Back, then Rock forward. Doing so increase momentum in driving off the Box with more Force (Power).

I perfom the Chair/Box Barbell, T-Bell and Core Blaster Deadlift with this method in a Cluster Set Method.

Both the Dead Stop and Rocking Method work but elicit a slightly different Training Effect.

Chair/Box Squats

I also perform a Chair/Box Squat off the Box; driving the weight partially off the floor about 4 inches.

In the Squat, a more upright postion is maintained. Doing so, increases Strenght out of the hole in the Squat.

In the Deadlift version, the back is engaged by bending forward in breaking the weight off the floor; doing so increases Strength off the floor.

Haulting Deadlift and Squat

Both of the movements that I perform resemble a Haulting Deadlift and/or Haulting Squat.

I partially dirive off the Box a few inches. That allows me to emphasize the develop Strength and Power in coming out of the hole in a Squat and driving the weight off the floor in a Deadlift.

Last edited:
Seated Good Mornings

Charles Polquin was a fan, I am not.

If you like them and they work for you, do them. It is a personal perference thing.

One Seated Back Movement works in a similar way is...

Chair Deadlifts

I perform them off my Box Squat Box.

Below is some video demonstration of them.

Sumo and Conventional Chair Deadlifts

Conventional Chair Deadlifts

To Make Louie Simmons Blush & Chair Deadlifts

Thibaudeau: THE SEATED SUMO DEADLIFT

T-Bell Chair/Box Deadlifts

An alternative that I use, instead a Barbell at times is the T-Bell.

The T-Bell allows me to adjust the height to a lower position than a Barbell or Hungarian Core Blaster.

My Hungarian Core Blaster Chair/Box Deadlifts

The Core Blaster sits higher. I use it to perform the movement from a higher height; about the height of a Barbell load with 45 lb Plates.

I could use the T-Bell. However, I use the Core Blaster because it remain load and set up. sitting in front of my Box, ready go.

With the T-Bell and Hungarian Movement, a slightly Wide Stance is required.

Video Demonstration

They demonstrate pulling the Chair/Box Deadlift from a Dead Stop Position.

The Rocking Chair/Box Pull Deadlifts

This method that I use is similar to the "Original Westside Box Squat Method"; which is different from Simmon Box Squat Method.

Rather than sitting on the Box for a few seconds and killing the Stretch Reflex; the "Orignal Westside Method" utilizes what is more of a Rocking Box Squat. I have posted detailed information on this before.

Essentially, with the "Original Westside Box Squat", you sit on the Box, Rock Back, then Rock forward. Doing so increase momentum in driving off the Box with more Force (Power).

I perfom the Chair/Box Barbell, T-Bell and Core Blaster Deadlift with this method in a Cluster Set Method.

Both the Dead Stop and Rocking Method work but elicit a slightly different Training Effect.

Chair/Box Squats

I also perform a Chair/Box Squat off the Box; driving the weight partially off the floor about 4 inches.

In the Squat, a more upright postion is maintained. Doing so, increases Strenght out of the hole in the Squat.

In the Deadlift version, the back is engaged by bending forward in breaking the weight off the floor; doing so increases Strength off the floor.

Haulting Deadlift and Squat

Both of the movements that I perform resemble a Haulting Deadlift and/or Haulting Squat.

I partially dirive off the Box a few inches. That allows me to emphasize the develop Strength and Power in coming out of the hole in a Squat and driving the weight off the floor in a Deadlift.

Kenny,
I haven't pushed the seated good mornings hard enough yet to know if they would give me any carry over or not. I do like the stretch that I get from them. I do have a feeling that the chair pulls would probably give more returns as far as pulling is concerned. Good thing about the way I am doing things is that I can do both whenever I want to throw them in.

Thanks for all the help- Jeff

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom