all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell AXE - general discussion

I have never read a Pavel/strongfirst issued book/article that there wasn't something to take away from it. I believe if you look at the swings as a method used on a principle you apply it as it fits for you. To quote Ralph Emerson-
"As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble."

Another masterpiece by Pavel T.
Vojtakubi, thank you!
i would say that The Quick and Dead is prerequisite for reading before this. Not because you wouldn’t understand the point but because it is highly complementary.
Complimentary but not prerequsite.

Also, Q&D is an advanced protocol; AXE works for everyone past beginner to world class.

I enjoyed it, but it was so comprehensive it made my head spin. My problem with SF books are always that they're extremely minimalist and then i struggle to apply them to my goal lifts

3letterslong, no matter what your goals are, always start with minimalism, then add according to your needs.

Generally speaking, when pursuing multiple goals, it is best to focus on 1-2 at a time and maintain the rest with easy once a week sessions. Then change the focus.

3letterslong, no matter what your goals are, always start with minimalism, then add according to your needs.

Generally speaking, when pursuing multiple goals, it is best to focus on 1-2 at a time and maintain the rest with easy once a week sessions. Then change the focus.

Thank you so much for replying! Your "Workout Of The Decade" article has become my manifesto and I've always struggled to slot Strongfirst programs into it, but I think for the next few months I'm going to go heavy on AXE swings while maintaining everything else.

I wish I had known you were going to read this because I definitely would have chosen my words better so it didn't sound like I was criticizing you. I was just kind of thinking out loud -- I've always been a fan and benefited massively from your writings! I also regret typing out my workouts because I'm sure they gave you heart palpitations lol.

Thank you so much for replying! Your "Workout Of The Decade" article has become my manifesto and I've always struggled to slot Strongfirst programs into it, but I think for the next few months I'm going to go heavy on AXE swings while maintaining everything else.

I wish I had known you were going to read this because I definitely would have chosen my words better so it didn't sound like I was criticizing you. I was just kind of thinking out loud -- I've always been a fan and benefited massively from your writings! I also regret typing out my workouts because I'm sure they gave you heart palpitations lol.
Thank you, 3letterslong.

I did not take it as criticism but I welcome criticism as well.

I do not have a heart, thus, no palpitations.

Binge read this last night, good book. Just curious as to why this program can be applied to single kb jerks but not doubles?
Toby, because doubles are far more demanding and need different reps and timing.

The PDF that comes with this video will teach you how:

Toby, because doubles are far more demanding and need different reps and timing.

The PDF that comes with this video will teach you how:

Thank you, that's going on the list

Back
Top Bottom