all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell Names

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Relic

Level 1 Valued Member
Am I the only one who thinks that all the kettlebells should have names (at least the 1 pood increments)?

I have seen the Beast and the Bulldog referred to, but apart from these, I've never seen naming suggested. Are there names I'm not aware of?

I named my 32 the Pest because it took me forever to get really comfortable with it for 1H swings. I moved through it with relative ease for TGUs, but for 1H swings the thing just wouldn't go away.

I think that's a great idea.

I guess we could stick with the "B" theme, but my name ideas are probably not gonna fly...

16 kg... Bratwurst
24 kg... Bronco
32 kg... Buffalo

Personal names are awesome, too.
For my collection, 16 kg is Isabelle. 24 kg is Annabelle.
I also chuckle since my friend who doesn't know I have kettlebells recently gave his newborn daughters the exact same names.

Last edited:
I named my 32 the Pest because it took me forever to get really comfortable with it for 1H swings. I moved through it with relative ease for TGUs, but for 1H swings the thing just wouldn't go away.
Haha

Pooty-tang-quotes.jpg

These analogies got me thinking on a tangent...
How about barbell equivalent? Not quantified but how they feel & are used (granted this is from a 175# guy so adjust accordingly if you're a beast!).

16 = 95 Easy for everything.
24 = 135 Can get some work in but basic for most guys.
32 = 225 Can do most stuff with it but don't take it for granted & get lazy.
40 = 315 Pay attention. Not playing around anymore.
48 = 405 Oh boy. Not doing a lot of different moves here.

I don't have nicknames for mine, but I do have a shameful secret. When I'm by myself, alone in the house with just me and my kettlebells, I sometimes mentally think of them in their lb weight instead of their proper kg weight.

Even worse, I do this when cycling (thinking in terms of miles instead of kilometers), which is apparently worse than taking EPO.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom