all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Las Vegas Strip gym with KBs?

bellywa4life

First Post
I might attend a work conference in Las Vegas next month, held at the Venetian Convention and Expo Center on the Strip. I'm training 5 days a week for an SFG I cert in October, and I'm straight-up not going to this conference if it will disrupt my training plan because PRIORITIES.

Anyone know of a gym on or around the LV Strip with kettlebells, space for ballistic movements and get-ups, and early AM open gym hours? I need at least one 24kg bell (pair preferred) and ideally a 32kg. Prefer cast iron but I'll deal with comp bells if necessary.

Bellagio definitely has KBs ( I was there in June). They have singles up to 32kg. Don't recall seeing pairs. If I remember correctly, they open at 5. Not sure if you need to stay there to use the gym or not.

I might attend a work conference in Las Vegas next month, held at the Venetian Convention and Expo Center on the Strip. I'm training 5 days a week for an SFG I cert in October, and I'm straight-up not going to this conference if it will disrupt my training plan because PRIORITIES.

Anyone know of a gym on or around the LV Strip with kettlebells, space for ballistic movements and get-ups, and early AM open gym hours? I need at least one 24kg bell (pair preferred) and ideally a 32kg. Prefer cast iron but I'll deal with comp bells if necessary.
I'd be interested in an update if you give Strip Barbell a go.

If you let me know dates, I can come drop off my single 24kg and single 32kg for your time here as long as I can come by and get them before you head back out of town; I live about 15-20 mins off the strip but am all for helping someone stay consistent and working towards a goal.

All I have are singles but they are GetRX'd brand cast iron bells. It might be inconvenient getting them to your room but once up there, you can train whenever your schedule allows.

I have this dilemma often where work or life makes traditional training difficult. I dont know how many days the conference is but I am assuming its not many and a break will likely not impact your goals... HOWEVER, I rarely go without training on these types of trips. Taking a few days off in the grand scheme is not going to hamper anyone, but I feel better when I train both mentally and physically. I love the discipline and creativity it demands. One thing I love about KBs is their ability to go anywhere. I go on vacation with a 24kg and theres isnt anything I cant do. I have to fly out to a conference next month and wont be able to bring a KB. Thats where creativity comes in. Do what you can. Training for the SFG is specific but general GPP training will not detract. Tim Anderson over at Original Strength has a great article on his realization that he focuses much of his vacations etc. On finding a gym and training the usual way. Its liberating to know you can train anywhere without anything specific. Use what you have and get better. Ill list some of the things I do but just be creative!

Crawling
Carries (I have carried chairs in my hotel room before)
Bodyweight Circuits (Squat, push pull)
Walk up/down stairs for 30m
Sprints/runs
Burpees (see iron wolf YT)
Resistance bands ( can be packed in luggage)

If the hotel has a "fitness" center I'll get creative in there as well.

Good luck! I know this isnt what you asked but I figured I'd toss in my 2c since I am dealing with similar situations.

If you are staying at the Venetian for the conference, they have the best gym on the strip. That place is great. I don't recall if they have kettlebells specifically, but they have everything else under the sun. Barbells, squat racks, rings, every kind of machine you could think of....

Back
Top Bottom