all posts post new thread

Luis’ Training Log

Fasting for 36 hours every week would be amazing. Some immediate benefits would be improved insulin sensitivity and metabolic flexibility.
My experience is that improved insulin sensitivity means more muscle and less fat at the same bodyweight.
That’s what I’m thinking too. I’ve never had a problem ignoring hunger so I’ll do the two-week taper where you only eat dinner throughout the week. I've always had success with fasting. I'm not sure if it is considered fasting now but I have eaten lunch at about 11a followed by dinner at about 5 pm. And then I don't eat anything else. My body just seemed to gravitate naturally to this type of eating. I think eating dinner only will be pretty manageable at least for this month when I'm not planning to do a lot of heavy lifting.

Ended up doing:

GTG: 24kg 1 row+1snatch then press.

This evening: 6 singles Easy Strength pressing maintenance.
1A kb mp press. (28,32,36,40,44,48)
Performed all singles left and right in about 11 minutes.

Last edited:
Friday, May 10.

-Practiced some bottoms-up carries today. (24kg) I was able to walk clear across the room and back. That was farther than last week.

-One arm C&Js with a 32kg KB -10 min, play it by ear
-Heavy abs -5x5
-Pull-ups, handstand push ups, dips, hindu push ups -100 total
-Alternate pull-ups with front squats, sets of 10 with 2x24kg KBs
-Snatches or swings with a 24kg KB -alternate sets of 10-20 with 90m jogs (not sprints! the jog is for recovery) for as long as you can handle it
-Cough up a hairball!

My training partner Rich recommended a Metabolic conditioning circuit that last about 12 minutes that I may do Saturday if I feel lively. One protocol I did the other day:

1. Echo bike 5 minutes on and 5 minutes off. I'm guessing the 5 off could be slow biking or go walk and come back for another 5, repeat until you are done for the day. I believe this type of training is supposed to be primarily Zone 2 work but I'm not sure.

2. (Metabolic Conditioning) 3 minutes on and 3 minutes off. You find a speed on the bike, I think you burn maybe 15 calories which he said should be completed in about 30 seconds, jump off to perform snatches 24kg 7+7, then immediately back to the bike. Repeat this for 3 minutes then rest for 3 minutes. Rinse and repeat. Call it a day when you can't get two repeats in the 3-minute interval.

Last edited:
Wednesday, May 15.

I accidentally sliced open my finger on Sunday with a sharp knife, so I decided to take a couple easy days because it kept opening back up. My wife and I are going on vacation to Florida at the end of the month so these first few weeks of May are sort of random sessions for maintenance and experimenting.

Today: Training about 30 minutes
1A Kb press 24kg ladders (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.) 55 total
I ran into a stop sign on the 10 rep sets and pushed through anyways. Felt slight muscle congestion and rep speed slowed down where the last four I had to rest a second in the rack.

1A Kb Jerks 5 OTM for 8 minutes. 40 total.
Bent Press 40kg (2,2,2,2,2)
30minute walk at lunch

Evening:
Echo bike: 3:00 warm up.
:10 sprint test 788 watts conservative.
I performed 3 Five minute rounds at 19mph/151 watts.
Five minutes riding followed by five minutes walking.
Miles covered in 5 minutes was about 1.6 miles
(MAS) max aerobic speed 19mph
19*90%=17mph
19*93%=17.7mph
19*96%=18.2mph
19*100%=19mph
19*120%=22.8mph
Max Power788watts
788*85%=670 watts

Hopefully I understood this testing. Build the Engine.

Last edited:
Thursday, May 16.

GTG
Bent Presses 40kg.

I wasn't 100% satisfied with the ones I did yesterday. Even though they got progressively better. My shoulder had been feeling like it wasn't getting a good lock out at the bottom. I realized I needed to lower my butt by squatting a bit to get the extra space. After I got that down, my shoulders felt really good. A key point I took away from Fabio Zonin at the SFG 2 was to go to the bottom of the bent press with the arm locked out, and hold the position to find a good balance and also build some strength there. It is a very different position. But it was recommended to help build that strength and confidence for heavier weights. One last point that I learned from my coach was to spread the floor with my feet. Before, I wasn't doing this and found my back felt vulnerable. However, after spreading the floor with my feet to stand back up, I felt much more support and strength coming from my entire body. Overall a good practice. I only did 4 singles per side but it was 4 very slow reps with balance, coordination, and intent.

Evening:

Hoping to get in a couple sets of deadlifts in along with some Axle bar push presses.

Axle push press
145(2,2) 155(2), 160(2)
150(2)

Deadlift 350(5), 365(3), 405(2)

Last edited:
I have never been able to do bent presses properly, I have dabbled with side presses and enjoyed those.
They can be challenging. I don’t do them a lot but I do like that they are challenging in a different way. I think if I get some more technical work in on it like I did today with slow and deliberate reps, I could get the 56kg sometime in the near future.

Backhoe is cheating iirc even worse than triple ply.
Well we had 3 tantum loads of river rock. I did some spreading on the skid loader. But all day on Saturday, my wife and I started at 630/7. My step son drove the skid loader all day while we spread the rock out with rakes. That took until about 3:00. Then we had too much. So we loaded all the rest of the rock into 3 truck beds and unloaded it with shovels. It was a hell of a job. I took a couple breaks just to get gas and ate a burger about 4pm. Other than that I was shoveling, pulling big loads of rock with a wagon because we couldn’t fit the skid loader on the side of our house. And in the weeks prior we planted all our own plants and all. I’ll post a video at some point it was a lot of work. We finished last night at about 7:30/8pm. “Android work capacity and the pain tolerance of an immortal.” Hahahaha

I got tired today. My wife accidentally threw the transmission belt off our zero turn mower. It’s nice being a little strong. I picked it up and drug it out so I could fix it. I deadlifted it a few times to get it lifted on some ramps to get under it to fix it. I power washed our front patio and got tired. Maybe in a day or two I will b back to lifting. But I did some serious manual labor over the weekend so I’m tired. It was worth it because we probably saved at least 10k doing the work myself. It’s worth managing the work myself.

Last edited:

I got tired today. My wife accidentally threw the transmission belt off our zero turn mower. It’s nice being a little strong. I picked it up and drug it out so I could fix it. I deadlifted it a few times to get it lifted on some ramps to get under it to fix it. I power washed our front patio and got tired. Maybe in a day or two I will b back to lifting. But I did some serious manual labor over the weekend so I’m tired. It was worth it because we probably saved at least 10k doing the work myself. It’s worth managing the work myself.

Haha if you want to start a great topic post that video as a thread!

Back
Top Bottom