all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Medial knee pain with swings

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hi there. How did you get on with your reloading phase? I've currently struggling with pes anserine tendinopathy. Would you mind sharing some of the exercises you performed to strengthen the tendon and become pain free?
I'd love to have something concrete to share with you with regards to my (your) issue. Sadly for now all I can share is what helped relieve pain and inflammation. I'm still in the rehab phase. Most exercises targeted directly at strengthening the tendon aggravated the pain and inflammation before I started the GTN patch treatment. I've since been conservative in my approach since the pain interfered with my work. Since the start of the GTN patches pain has dropped tremendously and the healing has been better albeit slow.

You can have a look at my post about the issue. EDIT: Also feel free to pm me for a longer talk if you feel like it.

Hi there,
I've had similar issues. I recommend 'KneesOverToesGuy' and his ATG 'Knee Ability Zero' programming. It is a 12 week, body weight prehab/rehab program and has genuinely helped me.
Best of luck with it.
His stuff seemed good, I'll have a look at it.

Are you 'sure it's your tendon. The pain is in that area but may not be the tendon.
If both knees....is there pain when you walk?
I have no knees with little and no cartilage respectively. Various injuries, ops, tweaks etc. With the exception of a calf injury last year which affected by movement, I have full rom and no pain.....the last major flare up 7 years ago was as yours, medial knee pain but only one knee.
I couldn't walk without pain. Went to Berlin for my 50th birthday and yeah, remember it well, all the limping and little sleep. Shortly after, the pain increased even more.
Long story short: feldenkrais method.

Now I don't know, not an instructor but the thing I see....being knee sensitive....is aggressive snapping of the knees. This may or may not be your interpretation or anyone else's and the same action may not cause anyone else a problem.....so I don't know.
Your knees snap into position before your hips....hardly noticeable.
I did this. Perhaps many people do and it's not an issue for them.
I took (and still take) a focus of 'pull the kneecaps up' off the table. Hips, hips, hips, plank.
Let the knees sort themselves out.
Actually, interestingly, the 2 women next to you on the video illustrate this point. One, hips finish first with the knees arriving, the other is a more violent crash.

Back to feldenkrais....it makes you aware of your movement. Subtle positions of pelvis, ankles, even thoracic, cervical spine can all affect the position of the knee. And, it's your position, your central nervous system and it'll gently reorganise itself, well it is hoped.
Thanks for the tips and comments, I'll make sure to keep all that in mind.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom