all posts post new thread

Metaldrummer's Journal

Glad I have everything I need in my garage ROFL
Yeah this sucks. They're closed tomorrow now also. I'm gonna lose all the damn progress I've made this month. :mad: I was going to try to hit working reps for squats at like 285 or so but now I'm just hoping to make it in at least once this week.

This sucks. Been without power now for like 27 hours. Apparently a transformer toppled over. We're also supposed to boil our water cuz the treatment place lost power. Gym's been closed all week. For anyone interested look up Oregon ice storm or something like that. Starting to lose it. o_O

This sucks. Been without power now for like 27 hours. Apparently a transformer toppled over. We're also supposed to boil our water cuz the treatment place lost power. Gym's been closed all week. For anyone interested look up Oregon ice storm or something like that. Starting to lose it. o_O
Hope you have a generator! Our last storm that took out power lasted about 7 or 8 days. And generators sold out in the first couple hours. I got fortunate cause I woke up that morning and bought one before that week began.

Hope you have a generator! Our last storm that took out power lasted about 7 or 8 days. And generators sold out in the first couple hours. I got fortunate cause I woke up that morning and bought one before that week began.
Nope, we're all totally unprepared for any catastrophe here for the most part. Not that I can really do anything either being a broke bum, but even when we get a few inches of snow here typically everyone acts like it's hurricane Katrina. I can't help but wonder if some of these things will make people see the problems with relying solely on electrical, but I know that most Oregon voters are to brainwashed to do anything other than vote for their favorite party. /rant

January 22nd 2024

Dislocates and foam rolling back/hams

Bench

Bar x 8
75 x 6
105 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 2 (Paused)
185 x 1 (Paused)
200 x 1 (TNG)
165 x 4 (Paused)

OHP

Bar x 8
95 x 3
125 x 3
125 x 2
105 x 6

Squats

Bar x 6 + 4
85 x 5
135 x 5
175 x 3 (Forgot belt lol.)
215 x 2
250 x 1
275 x 1 (Good depth.)
285 x 1 (A bit high.)
245 x 3
185 x 8
135 x 4 (1-2 second pause at bottom.)

Skullcrushers

80 x 6
75 x 8

Barbell Curls

Bar x 8
90 x 5
85 x 6

DB Tricep Extensions
(Added an extra rep on my left side since that's my weaker side.)

35 x 7 right, x 5 + 3 left
30 x 12 right, x 9 + 4 left

DB Curls

45 x 5 right, x 4 + 2 left
40 x 7 right, x 5 + 3 left

Barbell x 10

More dislocates and foam rolling

Back to work... This went about as well as it could've considering I had 9 days off from training thx to the stupid ice storm/power outage. It was actually 11 days I went without squatting which is just totally unacceptable. :eek: At least this time it wasn't my fault, but it didn't make me feel any better. I was originally thinking I was going to have to go less weight more volume this session, but I decided to do less volume more weight instead. lol

Body weight: 166.4 lbs

Total time: About 2 hrs 35 mins

First set 275 x 1 (Good depth)

285 x 1 (Slightly high)

Last edited:
January 22nd 2024

Bench

Bar x 8
75 x 6
105 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 2 (Paused)
185 x 1 (Paused)
200 x 1 (TNG)
165 x 4 (Paused)

OHP

Bar x 8
95 x 3
125 x 3
125 x 2
105 x 6

Squats

Bar x 6 + 4
85 x 5
135 x 5
175 x 3 (Forgot belt lol.)
215 x 2
250 x 1
275 x 1 (Good depth.)
285 x 1 (A bit high.)
245 x 3
185 x 8
135 x 4 (1-2 second pause at bottom.)

Skullcrushers

80 x 6
75 x 8

Barbell Curls

Bar x 8
90 x 5
85 x 6

DB Tricep Extensions

35 x 7 right, x 5 + 3 left
30 x 12 right, x 9 + 4 left

DB Curls

45 x 5 right, x 4 + 2 left
40 x 7 right, x 5 + 3 left

Back to work... This went about as well as it could've considering I had 9 days off from training thx to the stupid ice storm/power outage. It was actually 11 days I went without squatting which is just totally unacceptable. :eek: At least this time it wasn't my fault, but it didn't make me feel any better. I was originally thinking I was going to have to go less weight more volume this session, but I decided to do less volume more weight instead. lol

Body weight: 166.4 lbs

Total time: About 2 hrs 35 mins

First set 275 x 1 (Good depth)

285 x 1 (Slightly high)

Very high volume! Your work capacity must be great!

January 26th 2024

OHP

Bar x 8
75 x 5
95 x 4
115 x 2
130 x 2
130 x 2
130 x 1 + 1

Seated DB Shoulder Press

55's x 5
55's x 4 + 2

Squats

Bar x 8
85 x 5
135 x 5
175 x 3
215 x 2
245 x 2
245 x 2
245 x 2

Rack Pulls
(About 6 inches from the floor.)

135 x 5 d/o
185 x 3 d/o
225 x 3 d/o
255 x 1 d/o
275 x 1 left over, right under
315 x 1 right over, left under
355 x 0 right over, left under (Came off the pins but not happening today.)
305 x 3 left over, right under
275 x 5 right over, left under
135 x 6 d/o

Nothing outstanding here, everything feeling like a s***load today. Also had to wait about 20 mins for the squat rack so I didn't have enough time for everything I wanted to do. I wish there was more than one fkn squat rack in this gym.

Body weight: 166.8 lbs

Total time: About 1 hr 40 mins

Last edited:
Also had to wait about 20 mins for the squat rack so I didn't have enough time for everything I wanted to do. I wish there was more than one fkn squat rack in this gym.
Exactly the same problem in every commercial gym on this planet. 10.000 different machines and only 1 squat rack.
If there is a crossfit gym near you, go ask them if they have open gym hours.

Exactly the same problem in every commercial gym on this planet. 10.000 different machines and only 1 squat rack.
If there is a crossfit gym near you, go ask them if they have open gym hours.
Yeah, there's other gyms around, but a big reason why I'm at this one right now is because it's literally a mile from my apartment, and I bike there. And it's winter in Oregon so that means a lot of times it's pissing down rain. If I had a car I would have more of choice, but as it is even biking a mile in the rain with my gym gear sucks, so the likelihood of me biking further isn't too great.

I did take out a suggestion I'm gonna fill out with one being to get sturdier safeties for the squat rack, and two to get more squat racks. But IDK what the likelihood of them doing either is. Mostly they just like to rearrange things in ways that don't make sense every now and then.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's other gyms around, but a big reason why I'm at this one right now is because it's literally a mile from my apartment, and I bike there. And it's winter in Oregon so that means a lot of times it's pissing down rain. If I had a car I would have more of choice, but as it is even biking a mile in the rain with my gym gear sucks, so the likelihood of me biking further isn't too great.

I did take out a suggestion I'm gonna fill out with one being to get sturdier safeties for the squat rack, and two to get more squat racks. But IDK what the likelihood of them doing either is. Mostly they just like to rearrange things in ways that don't make sense every now and then.
From what I have seen, commercial gyms do not want people who do barbell squats, deadlifts etc. They want people who use the machines and the treadmills. Or even better, people who pay the subscription and never go to the gym. So, they form their gyms accordingly.

From what I have seen, commercial gyms do not want people who do barbell squats, deadlifts etc. They want people who use the machines and the treadmills. Or even better, people who pay the subscription and never go to the gym. So, they form their gyms accordingly.
Honestly I don't think that's really the problem, I think it's more of a size issue. Technically the gym is part of a recreation center, but they have things like a trap bar, a few kettlebells, dumbbells that go up to 100, and other things some commercial gyms don't even have. But with that said most of the stuff is fairly old and there aren't really more than one of anything, so if one person is using what you're trying to use you're stuck waiting.

January 29th 2024

Bench

Bar x 8
75 x 6
105 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 2
185 x 3
185 x 3 (Rep/set max?)
175 x 3
175 x 3

V-bar Push-downs

140 x 6
170 x 7 (7rm?)
180 x 5 (5rm tie for this?)

Barbell Curls

Bar x 8
90 x 6
90 x 5 + 1 lol

DB Tricep Extensions

35 x 7 right, x 6 + 2 left
30 x 12 right, x 11 + 2 left (I wish they had 32.5lb dumbells for my drop set lol.)

Squats

Bar x 8
85 x 6
135 x 5
175 x 3
210 x 2 or 3? forgot lol
245 x 3
265 x 3 (Current 3rm?)
275 x 1 (Felt off.)
275 x 2 (Felt better so I did a second rep. Last rep was a bit high tho.)
245 x 3
245 x 3 + 1 (Bar felt misaligned on the previous set so I did another set. lol)
65 x 8

DB Curls

45 x 5 right, x 4 + 1 left
40 x 8 right, x 7 + 2 left

Barbell x 10

Hang for about 12 seconds (I've actually been doing these at the end of most of my workouts but not putting it down.)

Starting to feel a bit stronger. I wasn't too focused on depth for squats but I feel that the 3 reps with 265 and 1 rep with 275 were at least breaking parallel. Wednesday I might do some DE box squats if I'm recovered enough, and Friday I think maybe some more hypertrophy type reps/sets. I'm also contemplating maybe adding a second bench day and doing DE effort bench Wednesday as well. I want to get back to squatting 2 and 3 times per week like I was before all of these distractions. lol

Body weight: 169.6 lbs

Total time: About 2 hrs

275 x 2 (First rep was good, second was a bit high.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom