all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

Time for update, I guess.

I continue to play with double 40's, staying in a range of 1-3 reps and 5 - 10 sets for presses and squats. Occasionally throw in some swings or jerks.

I hope not! My storage space is already pretty limited! But there is a place near my apartment with two Beasts and one with monster 60kg bell, just in case that Bulldogs and single Beast would be too light :)

Tomorrow morning I go to gym to try my "sort of maxes" in press and deadlift, which I never did with barbell.
I am pretty sure some bench pressing will also happen.

Here we go:
press 80 x 3
deadlift 180 x 1 (mixed grip)
bench press 120 x 2

I did not even tried to squat, maybe next time. To summarize:
press was quite expectable and close to what I put up with bells
deadlift was a nice surprise to me, I think heavy double cleans are the reason
bench press biggest surprise, I think I would do 125 actually

All in all, barbell is really great, esp. the 'primal rush' during deadlifting.
And yes, I also liked bench pressing very much. Nevertheless, I continue
to train with bells (time and availability reasons) and looking forward to
the next barbell testing.

Good numbers! The deadlift is especially impressive. You better worry the barbell bug don't bite you.

When testing for numbers it could be a good idea to dedicate a whole day for a single lift, or at worst two lifts. If you pressed first and did the bench third, it could that your bench could have been greater since you already stressed the same parts of your body. Just like it isn't necessarily the best idea to test both squat and deadlift the same day. Of course, when it comes to competition, they are all done the same day.

@damogari @Antti Thanks for the support mates!

It would certainly be better if I had the whole day for a one lift only, unfortunately it has not been the case today.
I've used the 'probe training' option in one of the commercial chain of gyms here in Germany and you only have one
try. Therefore, I had to squeeze all the lifts into the one day.

Back
Top Bottom