all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

One funny thing about the video: I thought the floor press would be hard so I pushed with all I had and the whole body twitch was the result.:)

5 x (1+1) TGU 32 kg
5 + 4 dbl press, 40kg+ 32kg (pr)

Doing TGUs before my presses seems to instantly increase the numbers.
I like to think that the total body tension TGUs enforce is the reason;
might be as well coincidence. In any case I'll keep my eyes on it.

5 x (1+1) TGU 32 kg
5 + 4 dbl press, 40kg+ 32kg (pr)

Doing TGUs before my presses seems to instantly increase the numbers.
I like to think that the total body tension TGUs enforce is the reason;
might be as well coincidence. In any case I'll keep my eyes on it.
I've noticed same on past. Doing get ups first when you are fresh will help to do with better form. They also warmup nicely before anything else.

12.6.2017 Squats oder alte Liebe rostet nicht!
gsq: 16 kg x 8, 24 kg x 8, 32 kg x 8, 40 kg x 8
dfsq: 48 kg x 8, 56 kg x 8, 64 kg x 8, 72 kg x 5

Conclusion is clear: I have to squat more cuz using 40 + 32 I can df-squat
as many reps as I can overhead press. As Kirk Karwoski would say: leave p@#$y
at home and squat!

@damogari dziekuji! Just thinking about buying second 40 kg bell for the same reason you wrote about in your log.
Playing with double 40s is pretty manly endeavour, I think.

Není zač @Mirek! Thank you for following my log, I think that we're a lot alike!

I agree that handling two Bulldogs with confidence is a goal itself. I am curious how big is jump from 32s to 40s, I am afraid that it would be too much to handle for me now, but on the other side I cant afford to buy and store 36s. I really like the simplicity of large jumps in bells.

I will just keep working with 32s until I own them, I think. Already saved money for second 40 and first 48, but dont want them to collect the dust :)

@damogari you are right about the simplicity of larger jumps. I've also seen what had already been pointed out by Evil Russian: large jumps force your body to get stronger.
Doing a lot of volume with smaller/lighter bell is great but at one point one has to attack a larger one - even just for singles - and keep at it.

Solid! Even the last rep was strong! But the way you cleaned the bells was the most impressive, you made them looked like two 16s! Thats strong!

Back
Top Bottom