all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Narrowing stance after double cleans

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pete L

Level 6 Valued Member
Should I be alternating which leg I step in with after double cleans?
I've recently started a block of LCCJ with a 24 kg and 28 kg.
I'm stepping in to narrow my stance and am feeling some "thing" on my left knee.
I'm alternating the bells each set and am unsure if it's a technique issue. Thanks.

No problem. Hope it helps.
I'm only three sessions in on the BJJ programme having spent a couple of months occasionally practicing with lighter weights. Now I've added a second jerk it's been noticeable and I'd hate to build up a whole load of volume doing something silly.

Perhaps that's my problem; short legs for my height. Plus my 24 has an annoyingly wide handle to contest with.
Still. Worth playing around with next time.
Are you using the v placement from RTK?

Should I be alternating which leg I step in with after double cleans?
I've recently started a block of LCCJ with a 24 kg and 28 kg.
I'm stepping in to narrow my stance and am feeling some "thing" on my left knee.
I'm alternating the bells each set and am unsure if it's a technique issue. Thanks.
I also move my feet when I press or clean and jerk. If I use a single bell I usually move the leg that has no load on that side. For you I would say to move the one where the 24kg is.
Anyway feeling a "thing" in your knee is a bit of a problem as just stepping in or any kind of step should not create any problem. So you might wanna look further into it and see if you can feel that "thing" when squatting or doing other movements.

Yes, but I'm tending to hold towards the inner part of the handle making it the worst case.
I don’t know mate. Maybe it’s a body shape thing. Like I say I’m 5’7” and have always done cleans and presses and jerks and long cycle and push presses without adjusting my feet. The only time I adjust my feet after double cleans is if I’m doing squats.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom