all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance Need advice about starting strong endurance

King kaul

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi. Sorry in advance for the long post.
I am a professional golfer. 22 years old.

In my last off session I wanted to improve my “endurance”. Why? Because when I would play 5-6 tournaments in a row I would feel fatigued towards the end of the stretch of tournaments (a tournament is 5 consecutive days of playing).
I wanted to improve my ability to recover better between individual rounds of golf as well.

So I started running, I had read about the Maffetone method, I ran 3 times a week for 3 months, 45-90 mins each session, keeping my HR between 150-155 throughout. When I started I was running at 10:35/km, after 3 months I was at 7:15/km.
Along with this I was also strengthening my legs and core on alternate days. And Prehabbing my shoulders as I was having some pain in my shoulder ( shoulder is fine now )

But this did not improve my ability to recover between rounds and tournaments. I still feel fatigued.

I should note that my hydration and nutrition are on point. I don’t eat and processed foods, sugars.

Then I read KETTLEBELL AXE and read about strong endurance ( How to Navigate the Strong Endurance Universe | StrongFirst) I felt that this will help me.

I want to do this in my upcoming offseason.

How should I go about this? I would like to work with someone as well.

Thanks.

I would like to work with someone as well.
^This…
Seek out a qualified SF instructor, preferably for in person instruction, but on line can be valuable if you don’t have local resources. Also attending the excellent seminars that SF provides will help you. Bear in mind that some of these plans expect you to have a certain level of proficiency with kettlebells. AXE, for instance, expects being able to meet the Simple swing standard. And on that note… doing S&S is probably as good a start as any in helping you towards your goal.

In my last off session I wanted to improve my “endurance”. Why? Because when I would play 5-6 tournaments in a row I would feel fatigued towards the end of the stretch of tournaments (a tournament is 5 consecutive days of playing).
I wanted to improve my ability to recover better between individual rounds of golf as well.

So I started running, I had read about the Maffetone method, I ran 3 times a week for 3 months, 45-90 mins each session, keeping my HR between 150-155 throughout. When I started I was running at 10:35/km, after 3 months I was at 7:15/km.
Along with this I was also strengthening my legs and core on alternate days. And Prehabbing my shoulders as I was having some pain in my shoulder ( shoulder is fine now )

But this did not improve my ability to recover between rounds and tournaments. I still feel fatigued.

I should note that my hydration and nutrition are on point. I don’t eat and processed foods, sugars.

Then I read KETTLEBELL AXE and read about strong endurance ( How to Navigate the Strong Endurance Universe | StrongFirst) I felt that this will help me.

Thanks.
I'd highly recommend hitting up Jeff Sokol (StrongFirst Elite) at SokolStrong. He does virtual lessons and is an incredible kettlebell coach.

Thanks.

How is your sleep? Life stressors?

I've been working with students one who is a golf enthusiast, another who is a scratch player and is considering going pro here..

Shoot me a message if you would like to do an initial call to see if it would be a good fit if I can help you learn to swing a kettlebell safely to augment your golf game

Thanks.
You had a thread a little while ago asking for advice and got a bunch, and I believe a strongfirst instructor who also golfs weighed in. I would find that thread, read through it, find an instructor that knows about golf, and contact them.

You had a thread a little while ago asking for advice and got a bunch, and I believe a strongfirst instructor who also golfs weighed in. I would find that thread, read through it, find an instructor that knows about golf, and contact them.

-S-

Which exercises are you willing to employ?

If snatches, then I think the plans from Speed Metal (inlcuding Metal Heart plan 060) could be a good fit.
Plan 025 would work well for with swings: https://www.strongfirst.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Strong-Endurance-plan-025.pdf

Maybe alternating AXE and 025 every 6 weeks would work well here.

Back
Top Bottom