all posts post new thread

Barbell Newbie Experience of a Zercher Squat with Unloaded Olympic Bar

From doing them? Probably no stronger than if I’d squatted from a rack…or did zerchers. The most if managed was 245 lbs and it took so much energy that the set of squats that followed were affected.

hey man, it was a mom ‘n pop op. Not globogym.

Problem solved

Rogue-Competition-Collars-e1642539349397.jpg

From a USAWA competition, a memorable one for me. It was called Art's Birthday Bash, and held in the basement gym of a community center of a pretty run-down town outside of Pittsburgh. Held every year on the guy's birthday; he passed away a couple of years ago.

This meet was in 2014, and while I don't have video of it, I did an Inman Mile that made the record books by walking back and forth across and outdoor basketball court - having to do a 180 several times definitely did not help.

Anyway, 80 kg Steinborn, 70 kg weight class, age M55-59 at the time.

Full disclosure: I have 2 pairs of these, and have brought these to globo gyms

I win - I have three pair. Eleiko. 'Cause powerlifting is a three-lift sport, unlike Oly lifting which is _only_ two.

:)

I still haven't cut the lawn, though. I started the mower for my wife but she did it.

from USAWA rulebook, page 63-64
C7. Steinborn Lift
The bar starts on the platform and must first be lifted onto the lifter’s back. The lift begins at the lifter’s discretion. The collars on the bar must be of adequate strength to keep the plates in place when the bar is stood on end. The lifter must first stand the bar on end, bend under the bar so the bar is placed on the upper back, and then allow the top end of the bar to rotate downwards until the bar is off the platform and onto the lifter’s back. It is also allowable to bring the bar to one shoulder after the bar is stood on end, and pivot the bar across the shoulders until it reaches the proper position across the upper back. Feet movement and hand movement is allowed during this part of the lift. Once the lifter is upright with the bar on the back and legs straightened, an official will give a command to squat. The rules of the Squat apply to the squat portion of this lift. After the squat is finished and an official has given a command to lower the bar, the lifter must return the bar to the platform in the same manner in which it was lifted or it will be a disqualification. An assistant may be used to place a foot against the end of the bar when it is lifted and lowered to keep the bar from sliding on the platform. However, the assistant must not aid in the lifting or lowering of the bar in any other manner. The lift ends when the bar is placed under control by the lifter onto the platform

-S-

I would I just don't like the general public that much or I would.
That's what I'm saying, no body likes it, but it's an experience nonetheless, it's a weird one but it builds character and makes you be gratefull when you have your own private space in a better gym

That's what I'm saying, no body likes it, but it's an experience nonetheless, it's a weird one but it builds character and makes you be gratefull when you have your own private space in a better gym
Fortunately, I don't live in the city. We live in the county and have a decent amount of land. I'm fortunate because it is very calm and peaceful where we live. At close to 40 and a lot of life experiences and accomplishments under my belt, I just don't see how. With all due respect, Planet Fitness can have their glam and I will keep my peace.

Back
Top Bottom