all posts post new thread

Barbell Newbie Experience of a Zercher Squat with Unloaded Olympic Bar

Do you do hangs, knee raises, HLRs, or the like on squat/deadlift days? might help with spine compression issues.
I do but this is a stubborn long term chronic issue that I'm hoping to make some large improvements in over a course of 6-12 weeks. Basically, the sessions last 30 minutes and have 18 cycles of load so its really doing something that's hard to replicate on one's own (although I'm sure some genius has done it, somewhere).

I started doing Zerchers out of necessity. I don't have a rack. Started doing Zerchers right from the floor, but now I have the bar boosted onto two plyoboxes (24" off the floor). I'll dip down, breathe in and brace, lift the bar up and step back into starting position.

*sigh*

I fear for physical culture.

Is Ye Olde Clean now considered a specialized move for weightlifters and strongmen?

Is the Steinborn forgotten?

I do bodyweight reverse hypers off an adjustable bench religiously after every workout in which I squat and pull.

Which, um.....is every workout right now...
I did them the last couple cycles for squat day.
I'm actually not a fan of the lower back pump i get from them.

*sigh*

I fear for physical culture.

Is Ye Olde Clean now considered a specialized move for weightlifters and strongmen?

Is the Steinborn forgotten?

I used to Steinborn when I had no rack. They can be fun but are a real hassle and quite scary. I feel they were more user friendly when the barbells ends were fixed with globes (which the user could roll the bar) instead of plates.

I’ve had barbell ends slip on concrete and stick on carpet or rubber while attempting Steinborns. I’ve had plates hit the floor in the transition and clips give to the slanted weights. None of these scenarios had a happy endings.

I used to Steinborn when I had no rack. They can be fun but are a real hassle and quite scary. I feel they were more user friendly when the barbells ends were fixed with globes (which the user could roll the bar) instead of plates.

I’ve had barbell ends slip on concrete and stick on carpet or rubber while attempting Steinborns. I’ve had plates hit the floor in the transition and clips give to the slanted weights. None of these scenarios had a happy endings.

Bruh....

Clips?

What did you expect?

Dude, after years of SF style training the pump was a foreign sensation. I didn't know what the hell was happening!

I skipped the whole Arnold Bodybuilding style training phase when I was learning to lift, I was not prepared. (hence why I might be a bit bullish on volume work now)

Dude, after years of SF style training the pump was a foreign sensation. I didn't know what the hell was happening!

I skipped the whole Arnold Bodybuilding style training phase when I was learning to lift, I was not prepared. (hence why I might be a bit bullish on volume work now)
I used to do the Arnold superset workouts and would lay on a bench in the high school gym waiting for the feeling of anting to puke or pass out to go away. SF training is much better… haha

Back
Top Bottom