all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Newbie

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
So here's another form check!

I recorded it in slow mo if it helps... I feel these are better than the first video.. I can really feel it in my glutes.. the weird thing is I have some lower back pain (doc told me I could workout) and after the swings it goes away.. weird?

Am I on the right track? Do these look better? All I have been doing is practicing form with all he info you guys gave me. I haven't done any programming yet.. Do you think I could start the S&S programming... with this weight on swings and low weight and/or no weight on TgU? Or should I keep practicing?

@GregMatt, you aren't completely standing up at the top of your swing. Thinking about driving your heels into the ground, hard, and really do a vertical plank position at the top - glutes tight, belly tight.

I don't recall your first video but that's what I see above.

-S-

@GregMatt

Progress! Referencing @Kettlebelephant's excellent analysis: Newbie

Looks to me like you have fixed #1 and #4, but still need to work on #2 and #3. #3 might be why you have the low back pain. It's really important. Let us know if you're needing more explanation of what that's about.

Keep at it, you're doing great!

My 2 cents: it appears that the bell is doing a jerky movement at the bottom. That's probably because you are thrusting with your hip forward just a bit too early. If you hold for an instant at the bottom of the swing until the bell starts going down by its own you will probably do better and the swings will flow easier. This post helped me a lot:

Swings - Rest point in the backswing

Hi everyone,

Just registered on SF forums after being intoxicated by Pavel ebooks.
Looking forward to putting the scarce kettlebells my comercial has to good use.
Right now I am working on the proper form of deadlifts, prying squats, TGU first stage.
Meanwhile I have been doing carried walks with the 25-30-35 pounders and several other isolation exercises.
Being working out since last October, Im in my late thirties and about 6' and 182 pounds.

Thanks for these forums and all the helpful info inside.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom