all posts post new thread

Kettlebell No shopping at the Jerk Store for me

My visiting the physical therapist is over. I have my homework exercises and do them. I can press using machines, but it's light and slow.
UPDATE just now!!!! I have a 15 lb. kettlebell. Walked over to it cleaned and pressed 2 reps. First rep was sticky, second rep went up fine, then switched sides. Right side had same stickiness. Maybe it's just being dormant.

@stevefreides thanks for the one bell tip. It worked.

Right now, for shoulder work, I do Hammer Strength shrugs and a sled/farmer carry machine once a week with 140 lb it has a wheel on it like a wheelbarrow and a sled skis.

Thank you to all for hearing me out and advice.
Dan John just had an interesting discussion on his podcast about C&J versus C&P to a 50 something police officer who sent him a question.

My visiting the physical therapist is over. I have my homework exercises and do them. I can press using machines, but it's light and slow.
UPDATE just now!!!! I have a 15 lb. kettlebell. Walked over to it cleaned and pressed 2 reps. First rep was sticky, second rep went up fine, then switched sides. Right side had same stickiness. Maybe it's just being dormant.

@stevefreides thanks for the one bell tip. It worked.

Right now, for shoulder work, I do Hammer Strength shrugs and a sled/farmer carry machine once a week with 140 lb it has a wheel on it like a wheelbarrow and a sled skis.

Thank you to all for hearing me out and advice.
Injured or weak overhead, I think farmer carries for conditioning is where it’s at. You can certainly get some great conditioning from carries!

@marlowe

Thanks for the video about the Cuban Rotations.

They look and feel useful to me, they feel useful because they get tight like my wall slides do. Am not particularly bothered about heavy weights and who did what.

I've started unweighted, hoping they will help with overall shoulder mobility - I will be doing other shoulder exercises as well and measuring improvement with range of motion of wall slides (sometimes called wall angels)

The video doesn't mention shoulder blades - should we squeeze them together whilst doing the rotation ? do nothing with them ? pull them apart ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom